Boss GT-10 DEMOS = Suck

dZjupp

• Members

Why is it that EVERY single demo on this thing sound like 80's overprocessed crap?

i mean, i can't find anything clean demo wise that does not have some type of CHORus enflamed all over it.

makes me not want to get a multi effects. even though i've been looking at them. plus, to make things worse, i got a nova delay, so its not like i can go backwards sound wise

any suggestions?

• Members

Why is it that EVERY single demo on this thing sound like 80's overprocessed crap?

i mean, i can't find anything clean demo wise that does not have some type of CHORus enflamed all over it.

makes me not want to get a multi effects. even though i've been looking at them. plus, to make things worse, i got a nova delay, so its not like i can go backwards sound wise

any suggestions?

1. Keep the nova delay and put it in the loop of the GT-10. Then you can store different patches with the loop in or out or in different positions in the chain.

2. Yes, it seems the market BOSS is always aiming at is 13 year olds or guys playing in cover bands that need big overprocessed sounds- although I will say that on the GT-10 they actually did provide more presets that were more organic sounds.

3. I need to see if I can post some clips of basic amp sounds with the GT-10.

B

• Members

This guy does a set of demos on Youtube- some of them are just the amp sounds with very little effects-

hey thanks for the response Bryan, i appreciate it.

i've checked those demos out too and he had chorus on everyone of his clean demos, i just want to clean a straight up clean w/wo delay and a straight up rock sound that doesn't sound like poison or slayer. like a pearl jam or foos straight up rock sound. can the gt-10 excel at this?

i gotta tell you i just watched the adrennalinn 3 vids by the man himself, and it sounds unbelievable!

• Members

hey thanks for the response Bryan, i appreciate it.

i've checked those demos out too and he had chorus on everyone of his clean demos, i just want to clean a straight up clean w/wo delay and a straight up rock sound that doesn't sound like poison or slayer. like a pearl jam or foos straight up rock sound. can the gt-10 excel at this?

i gotta tell you i just watched the adrennalinn 3 vids by the man himself, and it sounds unbelievable!

Yes- his clean demos sucked. The country/blues demos are closer to what you want to hear methinks... if you skipped them because they said "country" check them as well.

I'll check out the adrennalinn!

B

• Members

it's because they're mostly demoing the presets. I had a GT-6 and sold it mostly because A) i realized i'd rather have a fender tube amp than a "twin clean" patch and B) because it was tiresome to have to turn all the effects down to next to zero to get a decent subtle chorus/tremolo/etc. i heard they're getting better but i'm still not sold on the boss multi-fx. every preset sounds like the music from an 80's infomercial about a home acid washing kit.

• Members

it's because they're mostly demoing the presets. I had a GT-6 and sold it mostly because A) i realized i'd rather have a fender tube amp than a "twin clean" patch and B) because it was tiresome to have to turn all the effects down to next to zero to get a decent subtle chorus/tremolo/etc. i heard they're getting better but i'm still not sold on the boss multi-fx. every preset sounds like the music from an 80's infomercial about a home acid washing kit.

I just don't understand why they just can't leave presets 1-40 for example as the 40 amp models and add whatever the hell you want to them, and then leave 40-120 for example open for user presets.

the "factory presets" on everything are just retarded and are a disgrace to real musicians who had to "work around them".

if i made a multi-efx unit i would call it the "Clean Slate" and it wouldn't have anything programmed in it except for an amp model on each preset and you could add whatever you wanted to. that way 97% of every "factory patch" wouldn't be a soldano/mesa boogie/deizel ultra super uber high gain with CE-5 chorus dimed

• Members

I just don't understand why they just can't leave presets 1-40 for example as the 40 amp models and add whatever the hell you want to them, and then leave 40-120 for example open for user presets.

the "factory presets" on everything are just retarded and are a disgrace to real musicians who had to "work around them".

if i made a multi-efx unit i would call it the "Clean Slate" and it wouldn't have anything programmed in it except for an amp model on each preset and you could add whatever you wanted to. that way 97% of every "factory patch" wouldn't be a soldano/mesa boogie/deizel ultra super uber high gain with CE-5 chorus dimed

:thu:

But no- two noise supressors on every patch, TONS of reverb, delay, and CHORUS on EVERYTHING and GAIN out the ass. I wish there were a way to set everything to default zero.

• Members

Well, nobody builds a Lamborghini and puts it out on the road to watch it go 30 mph. "Clean" demo? Yeah, I'm sure they exist. The best thing to do is to go to the store and try one out. No demo is going to do it better than the one you give it.

• Members

Well, nobody builds a Lamborghini and puts it out on the road to watch it go 30 mph. "Clean" demo? Yeah, I'm sure they exist. The best thing to do is to go to the store and try one out. No demo is going to do it better than the one
you
give it.

if i had to judge by impressions of the gt-10 by the demos i see/hear (in ref to your Lamborghini) i would guess that its a 1987 mercury topaz

• Members

Presets in the GT-8 were worst. Almost sent it back to sweetwater because of this. Changing the patches around with my own dirt in the loop changed my mind.

GT-10 the gain patches sound alike. COSM distortion. I see it's potential knowing the 8 though.

Archived