WOT: Single After 5 Years

• Members

So far all this advice has made me laugh, made me cry, and made me desire beer.

I guess it's just difficult to completely space myself away from her. I'd say since things have been going downhill, my demeanor toward her has changed to a more friendly one, so I feel like I'm almost in that mode. I'll try and do my best to avoid the friends w/ benefits card, as much as I really do want that.

I do agree that if it's meant to be it will happen. However, I at the same time don't think it has any possibility of ever happening if we don't spend some time apart.

Now to spend glorious amounts of cash on gear, CD's, and maybe a trip somewhere.

Definitely. Spend some time apart. I haven't seen my ex-wife physically for over two years now. I miss her terribly and the distance is enforced given that she lives 3,500 miles away in Toronto. I'm prepared to have patience with her. If I meet someone else, then that's fine. In the meantime, I have gigs to play and see, some ladies I see on a casual basis, and more songs to write.

One thing that does keep me going is thinking of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. They went through all the fluctuations: meeting, a relationship that ended, she married someone else, he fell into drug addiction... yet somehow they managed to come together at the right time. If it can happen to them, it can happen for me.

There, philosophical ruminating over. Back to basic smut. Have you considered looking for an older woman to soften the blow? What you want is one who's divorced and who got a hefty payout. She'll be eager to reward you with gear in exchange for you being her little stud muffin.

• Members

Just don't let your ex be so involved in your life that she is able to mess with your new pursuits whether they be other women or a new musical project.....but especially other women. My ex did that to me for a while before I really had to cut her out of my life enough to where she couldn't screw with my mind and give my new intrests dirty looks. It was kind of hard but it was definitely worth it.

Also, don't jump into anything to fast. Take your time, enjoy this stage of your life, feel completely free and open and be grateful that the only person that you have to regard is yourself right now. At least that is whsat worked for me.....

• Members

you're 21. no more relationships.

go.

love,
eor

ps- yes, super clean break. there is an 85% chance that she'll be shacked up/married with someone else within a year. just get away.

• Members

for me, the friends thing never worked...i split with a 3 yr long one myself and it didn't...same crying cycle as decribed previously.

get out with your buddies and live the life you love...21 is young...i'm 24 and feel ancient for some reason ;(

• Members

Well, we just moved in a couple weeks ago, so today she got everything out.

I'm just going to follow the enjoy being single advice. It's been a very long time since I've only had to worry about myself in regards to anything I do.

And btw, to the married comment, doubtful. She has a fear of commitment/growing old and regretting/being locked into a relationship/might not believe in it.

• Members

And btw, to the married comment, doubtful. She has a fear of commitment/growing old and regretting/being locked into a relationship/might not believe in it.

Yeah, I knew a girl like that in college. Wild girl, would take roofies on her own before going to parties. Said the same stuff about relationships/marriage. She got married last year.

• Members

GET AWAY! GET AWAY!!!! failed transmission to the one eyed scissor!

*EPIC NOSTALIGIA*

my god, if only the mars volta could be that...amazing. I tried to like them. I loved their first album, the rest are abit wank.

Anyway.

With regards to the girl. Seriously, get away from her while you. Don't be used like I was. "Lets have sex", "Okay sure", *foreplay*, "I'm tired now". WUT. GTFO MAH TENT.

• Members

This thread is making me remember all sorts of things...

I dated a lot of 20-23 year olds until I was 27. They were ALL flighty, and go from salivating over you to salivating over someone else on a dime. Maybe I just picked the wrong sort of girls, but until I was 27 I didn't have a relationship that lasted longer than 5 months. Most of the time the parting was mutual, so it wasn't too bad.

By the time they hit mid 20s, they start getting a clue. I.E. realize that the bad boy/sweet guy/artist/stable/unpredictable/rich/bohemian guy DOESN'T EXIST.

Just for laughs, try your best to find someone 5 or 6 years older than you, and see how she reacts. I wont spoil it, but you probably will have a MUCH funner time, all around.

Archived