SOULKITCHEN, WHERE ARE YOU!!? (I need help, hcfxers!!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry I missed this earlier. How the hell has this happened AGAIN! My god. Andy is incredibly manipulative and I hope everyone learns to avoid him, no matter how awesome his fuzz circuits sound. There is just no excuse for his business practices. Surgery, illness, family deaths, going on tour, etc etc etc etc. Absolutely mind blowing that people continue to put up with this bull{censored}. Its only a matter of time before he loses his password and disappears with 30 people's money for a year. Making good or not is not the issue. Its just not worth it, unless you enjoy having a 50% chance of somebody holding your money ransom for an extended period of time until they feel like delivering what he promised.

I live in the same city as Andy and know people that have dealt with him personally. He does favors and then holds them over people's head as leverage when {censored} like this happens. He'll probably bring up the free Silvertone Chord organ he offered me as proof that he's a nice guy and I'm just an asshole for calling him out. Fine. I'll be the asshole. Some of his excuses just insult the intelligence and it makes my blood boil. I think he's a nice guy, he has a lot of friends and he uses his charm to manipulate those not in the know. Hopefully he gets some help and straightens out his life, but until then he has absolutely no business dealing pedals online. He needs to get a real job and find a stable living environment. Sounds like he's moved at least twice this year already, unless that's just another one of his excuses for holding people's money for an extended period of time without delivering a product.

Oh, what hospital were you at. Since I'm local I'll be happy to call and verify that you were admitted when you claim you were. I'm wicked curious. Seton or Brackenridge? This would be a great chance for you to make an asshole out of me if you're actually telling the truth for a change.

• Members
All I know is that I WANT a War Pig. But no one will build one.

I mean, really. I want to throw more money down into the fuzz pit, and you won't even take it? Wow.

That must be some pretty good fuzz.

That's what SHE said. :o

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Wow, it looks like I wasn't the only one.

I tried to buy a Mezcal fuzz from him about a year ago at the HM forum, before my password lapsed (i need another invite please :cry: ).

He already had it made and just had to drop it in the mail. 20 days later nothing. No contact, nothing. Only after I finally contacted him through one of his friends at day 30, I got {censored} like "my van needs brakes, can't make it to the post office" etc. and promptly drops off the face of the {censored}ing earth again.

I later found out from one of his bro's, at day 40, that he was really helping Malekko with the Ekko prototypes the entire time. I started a dispute and, about a week later I got a refund. Almost 45 days wait for him to mail off an already completed pedal.......{censored}ing rediculous.

Oddly enough, I just got the exact pedal in a trade from a forumite Saurday, over a year later.

Mezcal006.jpg

Mezcal008.jpg

Its pretty {censored}ing incredible, to be honest. With the guitar's volume cranked its like super high gain, boiling fuzz......kind of Big Muff in character.....just not quite as bassy and mushy. It cleans up extremely well with the volume rolled back. I never thought a one-knob fuzz could be so versitile. Its awesome.

The worst part of it all is that he has two pedals on ebay right now that I would love to own but I know that i'll have to deal with a massive ammount of bull{censored} from him. Its a shame to see such talent wasted. I hope he wakes the {censored} up.

• Members

Kind of an unorthodox method for wiring. None of it is insulated.

The insulated wire got burned in the fire that started when his mother died at the wheel and rammed the van (which didn't have brakes anyway) into his other house. If you want insulated wire, he'll be happy to send it right out, just like he sends out screws he was unable to include the first time because they were sunk in the lake behind his house when his other mother died on the shore with all his screws in her pockets and fell in. Also he lost his finger at work.

• Members

I'm so sick of hearing about pedal builders being "backed up". Here's an idea... if you can't produce the pedals people want DON'T TAKE THE ORDERS.

And if some emergency befalls you, refund the customers {censored}ing money and tell them you'll get back to them when you're ready to provide the goods they want to pay you for in a timely fashion!

There's so many dead beats out there these days. Everyone I know has some problem with people on the internet that they've purchased something from and they have to email them a million times to get them to actually ship the thing.

It's ridiculous. This is the type of {censored} that's actually got me going back to the brick & mortar shop (which is a good thing I guess).

• Members

The insulated wire got burned in the fire that started when his mother died at the wheel and rammed the van (which didn't have brakes anyway) into his other house. If you want insulated wire, he'll be happy to send it right out, just like he sends out screws he was unable to include the first time because they were sunk in the lake behind his house when his other mother died on the shore with all his screws in her pockets and fell in. Also he lost his finger at work.

I feel so sad and manipulated by that touching story. :cry:

Archived