SOULKITCHEN, WHERE ARE YOU!!? (I need help, hcfxers!!)

• Members

I was amazed that you showed back up Andy/Gringo/{censored}pile.. You have a power {censored}BALL reputation on so many forums is incredible. You have ripped of a {censored} load of people and still do it. {censored} you dick.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was amazed that you showed back up Andy/Gringo... You have a power {censored}BALL reputation on so many forums is incredible. You have ripped off....people and still do it.

Nobody has been ripped off.

Name one. Everyone has their pedals, or they have been sent. Once again, "ripping off" is different than "not sending in a timely manner".

Reputation ? You mean like here...maybe its not good. HM...not that I care, but its probably {censored}ty ...I dont/can't go there, post there, etc...so it is what it is. Other forums all is fine. But you're entitled to your opinion. Thats fine. Plenty of people like me, plenty of people don't. Thats fine too. Do i wish that, in a perfect world, everyone would like me ? Sure, but this isn't a perfect world. Life happens. Some people understand things, some don't.

Ebay... lots of feedback, all 100% positive.

386510375-feedback.JPG

Honestly, the tracking numbers were sent earlier than they would have been if this thread didnt exist...I would have waited until Monday to send them, as I have other things to ship. Except for James' stuff...I probably (ok...definitely) would have been a dick and not sent the pedal. Live and learn. At any rate, I have a new place, so I'll be packing to move next week...probably won't get unpacked for a bit...so the stuff would need to have been shipped before packing anyway.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

• Members

Holy crap, that's an amazing statement!!!!

Nevermind, I don't need a swirly pedal that bad.

Its old history, and I was harboring a grudge...not that I deserved to have any type of an attitude. I was considering the deal as "square"...he had a more valuable pedal out of the deal. I really hadnt thought about the pedal for a while either. James did nothing wrong. Thats why I sent it. Hindsight = 20/20.

I was wrong.

• Members

Again, WHO was "ripped off" if everybody has their stuff ?

Theres a difference in "ripping off" and "not delivering in a timely manner".

When stuff has only been sent after extended bickering and escalating levels of threatening demand, I'd say it's safe to assume that had nobody called you out, the ripping off would have been plentiful.

• Members

Its old history, and I was harboring a grudge...not that I deserved to have any type of an attitude. I was considering the deal as "square"...he had a more valuable pedal out of the deal. I really hadnt thought about the pedal for a while either. James did nothing wrong. Thats why I sent it. Hindsight = 20/20.

I was wrong.

Well, I commend your honesty about being dick to a customer.

But I still wouldn't want to be a potential customer and have you do me that way so I won't buy your services after this admission. :evil:

• Members

When stuff has only been sent after extended bickering and escalating levels of threatening demand, I'd say it's safe to assume that had nobody called you out, the ripping off would have been plentiful.

Thats your opinion...but if I had been "ripping people off" would I have been able to send the pedals early the next morning ? Paint has to done and dried, parts have to be ordered, etc. I wish I could turn around pedals that fast. I suppose if they were going out in plain boxes with pre-ordered parts it could be done.

There was no intention of EVER keeping money, not delivering pedals, etc...otherwise nothing would have been painted, built, and sent.

You guys forget how easy it would be to "disappear" on the internet if I intended to rip people off.

• Members

Well, I commend your honesty about being dick to a customer.

But I still wouldn't want to be a potential customer and have you do me that way so I won't buy your services after this admission.
:evil:

I understand.

It really wasnt a "customer" situation though. (probably "worse" than a cust situation really...) I volunteered to look at a broken pedal and see if i could fix it. That was after a lot of "online teching". The pedal was at my place WAY too long, and when James wanted it back it was packed up. I thought I could find it easily enough, but I didnt. James had sent $7 to ship it back. I shipped him the Haunting Mids Fuzz hoping that would make things "square". It didnt. Things were said...bad blood was there. Later this thread happened, and I was reminded about the pedal. I thought about being a dick, but I went ahead and shipped it back. I was wrong. At no time did James send me money other than $7 shipping...which I "think" I refunded a long time ago...I honestly cant remember. I had originally offered to look at it as a "friends" thing...I told him I wouldnt charge him anything. Im sure he'll corroborate this. Anyway, I {censored}ed up the friendship. My fault.

• Members

I don't really want to get into this mess, but whatever. A while back, I PM'ed Soulkitchen about one of the fuzzes he had for sale. He said he couldn't sell it to me because his pedals were not RoHS compliant. Somehow, I don't see him turning down a "victim" if he is intentionally ripping people off. :idk:

• Members

to be frank, most of my beef has to do with stringing along some of my buddies on HM for months on an amp and pedal sales. i don't want to see any more people dicked around....and your track record proves that it's not going to stop anytime soon. just because 50% of your customers get their pedals in a respectable time does not prove that you are trustworthy.

i also knew you were holding onto my pedal because i've caused nothing but trouble for you since all of this started happening. i kept my mouth shut for 6-7 months, until i found out you'd strung people along on actual sales. so i slung {censored} on DIY, HM, HC, etc trying to get some results...goddamnitt someone needs to hold you accountable, because in hindsight my pedal was 30-40 bucks tops, and i covered that by selling the hm fuzz (not for profit), but there is no way i'm going to keep my mouth shut when a thread like this pops up.

i've never seen people so quick to forget past transgressions, all over some dumb swirly finishes. you guys need to get a {censored}ing clue. pull your head out of your asses, dude is a flake in the biggest sense of the word.

anyone that deals with this cat is a dumbass, and by giving him your business you are only perpetuating this {censored}fest.

• Members

You guys forget how easy it would be to "disappear" on the internet if I intended to rip people off.

i think you view pedal sales at temporary loans, that you will "pay off" when you get the chance. which may be a week, may be a year.

which is bull{censored}.

• Members

my soulkitchen type thingy pedal arrived eventually, but it wasn't a custom order or anything, it was bought through ebay, in theory the pedal existed before i bought it, still took months to be shipped...

• Members

my soulkitchen type thingy pedal arrived eventually, but it wasn't a custom order or anything, it was bought through ebay, in theory the pedal existed before i bought it, still took months to be shipped...

You really should have burned his feedback.

• Members

i don't remember what i did... i certainly wouldn't have left positive...

on balance, at the time i felt 50/50 about dealing with the guy again, depending on how he was over the next few months, now i know i wouldn't, which is a shame because i think the pedal is great. if he sold in bulk to an online retailer i trusted i'd buy from them for sure, even if the prices were a little higher...

• Members

Yes, my sugarbuzz showed up today. My only complaint is that one of the knobs seems to be missing a set screw. Otherwise it seems to work fine.

Question, though. Which knob controls gain and which controls filter? I'm not sure if it's my amp or something but i have trouble telling which one is which.

Edit: Plugged it into a cleaner amp and it seems like (facing the controls) right is gain/fuzz, mid is filter, left is volume (obviously).

Archived