SOULKITCHEN, WHERE ARE YOU!!? (I need help, hcfxers!!)

• Members

Okay, so wayyyyyy back in Feb. I ordered (via Paypal) a custom 4-knob Magnolia fuzz from Soulkitchen who makes his own swirly fuzzes and posts here on HC. I recieved a message shortly after the order that he was having surgery done and would not be able to work on it for awhile. This was fine with me and I was willing to be very patient. I sent him messages checking on his status and the pedal's throughout this time period. Then, about a month ago, I FINALLY received an email that the pedal was finished and could be sent "tomorrow." I sent him a reply that said I was excited to get the pedal, etc etc. I waited a week or two and sent him a email to see if the pedal was shipped yet, and got another email that said it would be sent out "tomorrow."

This was three weeks ago and I have sent several more e-mails and even myspace messages wondering WHERE THE HELL IS MY FUZZ? I have not received any reply to these messages and I'm not sure what to do next. If anyone has any idea how to contact him or suggestions on what I should do to get my fuzz/money, I would highly appreciate them. His HC PM box is full so I can not contact him that way. He seems legit but this is getting ridiculous.

SOULKITCHEN IF YOU SEE THIS PLEASE CONTACT ME AT ONCE SO WE CAN WORK THIS OUT PRIVATELY. I'm sorry if I am damaging your reputation but I really must take some sort of action at this point. It has been MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS.

As mentioned in email, I had to go out of town. I assume you also received the Hotmail automated replies. Your pedal has been done, I just couldnt get to it to ship it. I got back late yesterday afternoon. Anyway, apologies...I'll have a tracking # for you tomorrow.

Here's a pic of your pedal...

Oh....and BTW...contrary to what a few people "think" they know, Everyone that has ordered a SK pedal has received it. Occasionally it takes longer than I expect, but life occasionally gets in the way. I have to finish a "Seven" and another Sugarbuzz tomorrow, but I'm tired right now...worked from 4am - 3pm.

Sorry for any inconvenience. If you need internal pics of a sound clip, I can post it.

Have a great night.

DAMFUZZ086.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alright, here it is. I actually had two (one for each "repair"), but I could only find this one (the more recent of the two).

Yup, this is the same sound file he sent me. Same date and everything.

On a side note, Andy just got back to me saying he's just gotten back in town or something and will email me tomorrow when he ships it out.

I am pretty skeptical, but why the hell would he keep responding to me if he was just going to scam me?

• Members

Something similar happened with my Sugarbuzz. I ordered it around the same time, waited for his surgery, etc. I got the pedal once, it was dead, so I sent it back for repairs (he paid shipping). Ok, whatever, I'm patient. It's back at his house for a month to a month and a half (with me pestering him a few times during that period). He ships it back and it arrives dead again (he has a soundclip of the pedal in his email saying that he recorded it while he was repairing it, so IDK what's up). I ship it back one more time (on his dime again), saying that he can give it one more go or just refund my money. He gets the pedal and says he doesn't see anything wrong, but he'll check it some more later. It's been a few weeks now and he hasn't responded. Ugh.

I still can't get the Sugarbuzz to screw up. Works perfectly. Check your email, I offered a refund or whatever you'd like.

You should have received the automated replies that mentioned that I had to go out of town...I apologize if somehow they didnt make it through.

• Members

Yup, this is the same sound file he sent me. Same date and everything.

On a side note, Andy just got back to me saying he's just gotten back in town or something and will email me tomorrow when he ships it out.

I am pretty skeptical, but why the hell would he keep responding to me if he was just going to scam me?

I may have accidentally sent the same file. I have a ton of files here so when I record multiples in the same day they occasionally get mixed up.

Anyway, as mentioned, I have a couple pedals going out tomorrow...your's is among them.

• Members

BTW...as for the "insinuation" that I faked my surgery, I will happily give anyone the name and number of the surgeon, my work, and the workmans comp carrier...or I could post pictures of the 3 scars on my stomach...(believe me...pics of a fat guy with scars is a "bad thing" ! :) )

• Members

I had an email conversation with Andy a few weeks ago and have not been able to get in touch with him since and I OWE HIM SOMETHING! I get an automatic reply saying he left on an emergency.

Hi - I'll have to get you a new address...I move into a new place at the end of next week. Can you hold onto the stuff till then ?

Thanks.

• Members

I think if you make a product, then it's wiser to build it then sell it. Problem is many of these products are customs and some money deposit is necessary.

I agree...and thats probably what I'll end up doing in the future. I have a hard time saying "no" to someone when they really want a pedal, but I just need to tell them that they'll have to wait. Still, a lot of times people want to pay "now" while they have the money...but I just wont be able to do that.

At any rate, all sales of the SB and Maggie are on hold anyway...at least for a bit. I've got a few things that need attention in the immediate future, so while there will possibly be the occasional SK pedal over the next couple months, mostly it will be on hold. I'll still be doing paintjobs in the meantime though.

Anyway, have a good one...

• Members

i've been waiting to get my dod 250 clone back for about a year now. andy was originally going to do a mod for me free of charge.

8 months later he did send me a pedal as compensation for my wait despite me saying i just wanted my original pedal back, and promised he'd have it back to me the next week. this was after i made a big stink about it on every forum i posted on.

that was 5 months ago. i've given up on ever getting it back. the pedal was only worth like $30, but it's the principle of the matter.

i will never recommend his products to anyone, and i refuse to have any pedal affiliated with him on my board.

• Members

I still can't get the Sugarbuzz to screw up. Works perfectly. Check your email, I offered a refund or whatever you'd like.

You should have received the automated replies that mentioned that I had to go out of town...I apologize if somehow they didnt make it through.

I appreciate the response. I honestly wasn't calling you a thief or anything like that, but I'm sure you can see why I'd be worried/nervous. I'll send you an email here in a second to finish this thing up. I did receive the automatic updates, but this thread made me kind of nervous about the whole situation. I truly apologize if I jumped to a false conclusion.

• Members

i've been waiting to get my dod 250 clone back for about a year now. andy was originally going to do a mod for me free of charge.

8 months later he did send me a pedal as compensation for my wait despite me saying i just wanted my original pedal back, and promised he'd have it back to me the next week. this was after i made a big stink about it on every forum i posted on.

that was 5 months ago. i've given up on ever getting it back. the pedal was only worth like $30, but it's the principle of the matter.

i will never recommend his products to anyone, and i refuse to have any pedal affiliated with him on my board.

Basically you got a pedal that typically sells for $300-$400 on Ebay in trade for a $40 pedal that you had bought "broken". I wont get into it, but you got about 10 times the value for your pedal.

As far as "no recommendation"...I have no problem at all with that.

Have a great day !

• Members

I appreciate the response. I honestly wasn't calling you a thief or anything like that, but I'm sure you can see why I'd be worried/nervous. I'll send you an email here in a second to finish this thing up. I did receive the automatic updates, but this thread made me kind of nervous about the whole situation. I truly apologize if I jumped to a false conclusion.

No problem...I'll go check my email.

• Members

Basically you got a pedal that typically sells for $300-$400 on Ebay in trade for a $40 pedal that you had bought "broken". I wont get into it, but you got about 10 times the value for your pedal.

As far as "no recommendation"...I have no problem at all with that.

Have a great day !

{censored} off. it's not about the value of the pedal, it's the goddamn principle. i told you to keep that pedal and just give me mine back, broken or not. i paid you for shipping, all you had to do was stick it in a {censored}ing padded envelope, take 10 minutes out of your day and ship it back to me.

you're unreliable and shady as {censored}, you shouldn't be in the pedal making business. you've proven it time and time again. you only come out of the woodwork once someone makes a public spectacle of your {censored}ty business practices.

and this is only speaking for myself, not to mention all of the others you strung along...sure you may have made most of them right by now, but it took MONTHS.

at this point if anyone gets screwed by soul kitchen/gringo/andy, it's their own damn fault. this is a warning to all potential buyers.

• Members

{censored} off. it's not about the value of the pedal, it's the goddamn principle. i told you to keep that pedal and just give me mine back, broken or not. i paid you for shipping, all you had to do was stick it in a {censored}ing padded envelope, take 10 minutes out of your day and ship it back to me.

and this is only speaking for myself, not to mention all of the others you strung along...sure you may have made
most
of them right by now, but it took MONTHS.

Theres a good reason that busted pedal is still here. Lets just say that neither of us came out happy with that deal. I'll give up that the delays etc were 100% on me....

Anyway, I wish you all the best.

I'm sorry you feel "wronged" by getting something way more valuable then the busted pedal you sent me. It still surprises me that you feel like things weren't made "right". Then again, we obviously see some things differently.

• Members

Theres a good reason that busted pedal is still here. Lets just say that neither of us came out happy with that deal. I'll give up that the delays etc were 100% on me....

I'm sorry you feel "wronged" by getting something way more valuable then the busted pedal you sent me. It still surprises me that you feel like things weren't made "right". Then again, we obviously see some things differently.

Why didn't you just send back the broken pedal? That's shady as hell. haha

• Members

I'm sorry you feel "wronged" by getting something way more valuable then the busted pedal you sent me.

i have decided that you only gave me that pedal to hold it over my head, because you know how vocal i am about things, and that i'm a frequent poster of many of the larger forums.

it's ok, keep my pedal, on whatever principle you've justified in your head.

you may or may not have noticed that i never put that HM fuzz on ebay/TGP/etc in an attempt to profit from this experience. it went to a fellow HM'er and for less than they cost new...and only to recoup the costs of the 250 clone, because i knew i was never going to get it back from you.

• Members

Why didn't you just send back the broken pedal? That's shady as hell. haha

Because at the time I was in the middle of a move and it was packed up. I had access to the HM Fuzz, so I sent that to tie things over till I could get to the busted pedal. After which a lot of things were said, and quite honestly, I just left things alone. He had a more valuable pedal, and I had a busted one that was packed up. I would have rather just sent the busted one (for obvious reasons) , but wanted to make him happy ASAP. Anyway, though I think he appreciated the gesture initially, things went downhill. It took me a lot longer to get unpacked then expected and by that time, things were bad.

Honestly...James... if you still want the busted pedal I'll send it. I have it in my hand right now. I dont have an address to send to though.

• Members

you may or may not have noticed that i never put that HM fuzz on ebay/TGP/etc in an attempt to profit from this experience. it went to a fellow HM'er and for less than they cost new...and only to recoup the costs of the 250 clone, because i knew i was never going to get it back from you.

Honestly I never checked up on it.

Check the post above this...we were posting at the same time.

Archived