SOULKITCHEN, WHERE ARE YOU!!? (I need help, hcfxers!!)

• Members

Am I screwed if I want to start the dispute? This {censored} started like 5 months ago.

you're way after the time limit but i'm not surprised. more excuses and what not. the last time people got him to step up and do something they went into diystompboxes and trashed him for being a ripoff and that got his attention.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

live and learn. it's impossible to tell which ones are the good guys and which ones are gonna flake out and keep your money but at least you didn't invest too much. if you want homemade pedals, buy boutique pedals. they're not swirly-tastic but they're made by hand and with care and an online dealer like tonefactor will take care of you.

• Members

I'm in the same boat. I ordered a sugarbuzz way back in march and have since had about 30 email exchanges with andy (not exaggerating). Last I heard my pedal was ready and i was given a sound clip. It was supposed to ship "tomorrow" a long time ago. Usually he responds and apologizes, but now i haven't heard back in a week or so. I don't know what the deal is. I'd be curious to hear the soundclip that was sent of the repaired pedal clorox posted about to see if it's the same one i heard.

Well, at least Mellowtone is reliable and awesome.

• Members

live and learn. it's impossible to tell which ones are the good guys and which ones are gonna flake out and keep your money but at least you didn't invest too much. if you want homemade pedals, buy boutique pedals. they're not swirly-tastic but they're made by hand and with care and an online dealer like tonefactor will take care of you.

I'm 17, $150 is a week's pay for me. :cry:

• Members

This phenomenon happens at least once a year around here, sometimes more. Always, when things start to get a overhyped and people are all a giggle, I step aside and simply do this:

:snax:

I mean, I'd love to say something because more often than not people end up getting screwed. People would get pissed, though, and start a witchhunt against you, and stuff. So I just:

• Members

This phenomenon happens at least once a year around here, sometimes more. Always, when things start to get a overhyped and people are all a giggle, I step aside and simply do this:

I mean, I'd love to say something because more often than not people end up getting screwed. People would get pissed, though, and start a witchhunt against you, and stuff. So I just:

:cry:

Pass me the snax, I'm sad and hungry.

• Members

I'm 17, $150 is a week's pay for me.
:cry:

play your guitar, do your summer job and buy from someone reputable. sorry pal. if you get through to him then congrats but he doesn't care that you're 17 and he's taking away your livelihood. for some reason pedal builders are often sad sacks and can't run a business for {censored}.

• Members

Think about it, though. The guy comes back with his sob story last february, right? He starts hyping his new "Sugarbuzz" pedal and people are buying into it. He starts collecting cash and immediately tells people he's going into surgery and they have to wait for him to build them? I mean, are we all mildly retarded? The guy is basically taking his scamming to a whole new level. Frankly, someone should call his hometown cops on him and the USPS mail fraud department. Maybe a real investigation will sort things out.

• Members

Situations like this are why I appreciate Paul C.

You may be on a "list" to get your pedal, but there is no monetary investment to be on it. That's the main reason I (with my business venture) will have the pedals built first or at least take on the "list" method when I "get behind". I think it's better to treat people like they still mean something.

This wasn't a shameless plug, but more of a credit to guys like Paul. He is a great guy to deal with.

• Members

honestly, people shouldn't be afraid of to ask "is this person reputable" because nearly once a year, as fireincairo has said, someone scams a whole lot of poor folk. andy was a regular at diystompboxes, and the people here once sent money to a 14 year old kid who just learned how to solder a week before. think about that for a bit.

• Members

i agree builders should be more responsible and need to learn the business side of things. Unfortunately many times it's a learn as you go experience. Too many examples i can think of....e.g joe gagan, fx doctor, etc. Part of the problem is builders taking money ahead of time and making promises they are not always able to keep. I think if you make a product, then it's wiser to build it then sell it. Problem is many of these products are customs and some money deposit is necessary. I kind of break my own rule though. Sometimes i ask for money ahead of time, sometimes not. But my volume is very low and i take my sweet time since i do this on the side for fun mostly. I don't think Andy is screwing you over. Maybe he took on too much, don't know the details and I'm not trying to make any excuses.

• Members

his name was coley brown and he learned to solder, bragged about his amazing sonic panda and had people send him money orders and the rest is exactly how you'd imagine it.

Look this problem still happens (like last month...). It needs to go both ways. Would be builders need to control their own aspiration to become a pro when they are not ready. And customers on this forum need to beware and practice common sense.

• Members

Look this problem still happens (like last month...). It needs to go both ways. Would be builders need to control their own aspiration to become a pro when they are not ready. And customers on this forum need to beware and practice common sense.

people still need to realize that not every builder is going to be the next whatever and their pedal is going to be so coveted and they'll have one of 10 or something and people will throw hundreds of dollars to acquire it. pedals are just pedals for someone to make music with, not symbols of some exclusive club of cool guys.

Archived