SOULKITCHEN, WHERE ARE YOU!!? (I need help, hcfxers!!)

• Members

Okay, so wayyyyyy back in Feb. I ordered (via Paypal) a custom 4-knob Magnolia fuzz from Soulkitchen who makes his own swirly fuzzes and posts here on HC. I recieved a message shortly after the order that he was having surgery done and would not be able to work on it for awhile. This was fine with me and I was willing to be very patient. I sent him messages checking on his status and the pedal's throughout this time period. Then, about a month ago, I FINALLY received an email that the pedal was finished and could be sent "tomorrow." I sent him a reply that said I was excited to get the pedal, etc etc. I waited a week or two and sent him a email to see if the pedal was shipped yet, and got another email that said it would be sent out "tomorrow."

This was three weeks ago and I have sent several more e-mails and even myspace messages wondering WHERE THE HELL IS MY FUZZ? I have not received any reply to these messages and I'm not sure what to do next. If anyone has any idea how to contact him or suggestions on what I should do to get my fuzz/money, I would highly appreciate them. His HC PM box is full so I can not contact him that way. He seems legit but this is getting ridiculous.

SOULKITCHEN IF YOU SEE THIS PLEASE CONTACT ME AT ONCE SO WE CAN WORK THIS OUT PRIVATELY. I'm sorry if I am damaging your reputation but I really must take some sort of action at this point. It has been MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The anatomy of fuzz pedal screwjob:

Step 1: Some nobody DIYer builds a fuzz pedal. He has a knack for dressing up the pedals with some fancy graphics, and he posts some tasty clips.

Step 2: The hype machine begins. Everyone and their brother starts begging this dude to build a run of these, despite the fact that the nobody DIYer hasn't any clue how to run a business, produce pedals in a efficient manner for public demand, or manage money.

Step 3: Nobody DIYer gets stars in his eyes. He could be the next rockstar effect pedal builder! He begins to buy all the hype everyone is spreading about his brilliant fuzz pedal (please insert sarcastic snicker here).

Step 4: The money and orders pour in.

Step 5: Everyone gets reamed.

Step 6: Nobody builder is no longer a nobody, he is now infamous for screwing people out of thousands of dollars.

Step 7: Builder rises from the ashes 6 months later with the biggest sob-story you've ever heard. People's hearts are tender, even though their asses are still raw.

Step 8: Builder promises to make good on all the orders and a handful of orders actually get sent out.

Step 9: Repeat step 5.

Step10: Nobody builder has reached Sonic Panda Nirvana.

• Members

Step 1: Some nobody DIYer builds a fuzz pedal. He has a knack for dressing up the pedals with some fancy graphics, and he posts some tasty clips.

Step 2: The hype machine begins. Everyone and their brother starts begging this dude to build a run of these, despite the fact that the nobody DIYer hasn't any clue how to run a business, produce pedals in a efficient manner for public demand, or manage money.

Step 3: Nobody DIYer gets stars in his eyes. He could be the next rockstar effect pedal builder! He begins to buy all the hype everyone is spreading about his brilliant fuzz pedal (please insert sarcastic snicker here).

Step 6: Nobody builder is no longer a nobody, he is now infamous for screwing people out of thousands of dollars.

Step 7: Builder rises from the ashes 6 months later with the biggest sob-story you've ever heard. People's hearts are tender, even though their asses are still raw.

Step 8: Builder promises to make good on all the orders and a handful of orders actually get sent out.

As it stands, SK's circuits were pretty badass (the sugarbuzz makes my panties moist) and AFAIK, he made a great deal of pedals for people.

I wonder wtf is his deal.

• Members

This is a great instance where the longer time veterans can really keep the newer guys informed.

• Members

Something similar happened with my Sugarbuzz. I ordered it around the same time, waited for his surgery, etc. I got the pedal once, it was dead, so I sent it back for repairs (he paid shipping). Ok, whatever, I'm patient. It's back at his house for a month to a month and a half (with me pestering him a few times during that period). He ships it back and it arrives dead again (he has a soundclip of the pedal in his email saying that he recorded it while he was repairing it, so IDK what's up). I ship it back one more time (on his dime again), saying that he can give it one more go or just refund my money. He gets the pedal and says he doesn't see anything wrong, but he'll check it some more later. It's been a few weeks now and he hasn't responded. Ugh.

• Members

I had an email conversation with Andy a few weeks ago and have not been able to get in touch with him since and I OWE HIM SOMETHING! I get an automatic reply saying he left on an emergency.

Andy has had some issues in the past and I have been in on the witch hunt but I truly belive he is trying to get his {censored} together. I know he is very backed up right now getting cought up right now. I don't belive this will turn out like the last time.

Andy if your reading and need some help you know where I am.

• Members

Andy has been really inconsistent and will give you a sob story (they all do, don't worry). Do yourself a favour, if you see a small time builder, ask around for their reputation and then mark your calenders for paypal's 45 day dispute limit, don't believe anything until that pedal is in your hands. this may be a totally impersonal and even downright rude way of thinking about a transaction but i've seen way too many people get ripped off in the years i've been here to think otherwise. there was a time when people sent off money orders and paypal wasn't so common. bad builders really had people by the balls.

Archived