Thickener?

MacTown09

• Members

I am looking for something to thicken my drive sound while still keeping it very clear. I am using lots of gain so keep that in mind and a sonic maximizer all the time to stay good and clear, what should i use to get something thicker? A Delay? A Chorus? An EQ? Something that will just make my full chords sound more full and less brittle...

• Members

but what would i use to keep it clear? What would i boost or drop? Cuz too much mids would just make it more muddy again and then too much high would make it too brittle and then too much low will make full chords sound a little less as only the note in the bass will stand out more... Ha or maybe i am completly wrong! Help me out!

• Members

cool thanks a bundle. I will try one out.

once you try one you'll want to use it all the time. it's cool to put in a loop for your drive and then you can turn it off for your clean. you can either use a looper pedal and loop your drive and eq together or just put it in your fx loop.

• Members

get a phaser... Set it real low.. that will thicken it up, subtlety.....very subtle.
I thicken up my vox w/ a little EQ and a Phaser, and thats all it really needs. The Phaser really sets it off though, remember, just set it low.. and I mean low.. to where you cant even hardly tell its "phasing"

• Members
I am looking for something to thicken my drive sound while still keeping it very clear.
I am using lots of gain so keep that in mind and a sonic maximizer all the time to stay good and clear
, what should i use to get something thicker? A Delay? A Chorus? An EQ? Something that will just make my full chords sound more full and less brittle...

i'd say, use less gain and put a compressor in front. :thu:

• Members

a second amp to run stereo to be run cleanish (crunch setting) at a slightly lower volume. Not enough to heard out front on its own, but enough so that there's a bit of clarity injected into the mix. there's also pedals like the sparkle drive and the discontinued danelectro wasabi overdrive and distortion pedals that allow you to blend clean signal back into your drive sound. They are great for enhancing clarity while also assisting with clarity. With the amps though, you can set one at a slight delay which will result in a phase relationship that will provide a thicker sound.

• Members

I'd recommed a boost. If you get a linear power boost, you could set it to a very tame level, and it will add a bit of bass and crunch. You'll be surprised the difference a boost makes. I used a bad monkey into my amp OD with level maxed, gain on min and bass boosted a bit. Really woke the amp up.

• Members

I'd recommed a boost. If you get a linear power boost, you could set it to a very tame level, and it will add a bit of bass and crunch. You'll be surprised the difference a boost makes. I used a bad monkey into my amp OD with level maxed, gain on min and bass boosted a bit. Really woke the amp up.

This man solved my problem! I got one of these Nano LPB-1 pedals and it does exactly what i wanted! i just stick it in front of my amp and after my overdrive and my sound just explodes! I loveee it! I am getting an ISP decimator and an MXR 10-band very soon as well and it will complete my pedalboard as of right now. The entire thing we be my TS-9 and LPB-1 in front of the amp and my sonic maximizer, MXR 10-band, and ISP Decimator in the loop. Everything will be on all the time. I run my Schecter C-7 Hellraiser into a Peavey Valveking and a B-52 cab, the stereo 480 watt one. THis pretty much my rig. I hope to get a Carvin V3 head someday soon too... What do you guys think?

• Members
I am looking for something to thicken my drive sound while still keeping it very clear. I am using lots of gain so keep that in mind and a sonic maximizer all the time to stay good and clear, what should i use to get something thicker? A Delay? A Chorus? An EQ? Something that will just make my full chords sound more full and less brittle...

A TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger will do the job :thu:

It might (WILL) be a good idea to remove the Sonic Maximiser, because it will make your tone hollow, even if it "excites" the treble frequencies and boosts the low end.

Archived