OT: Handed in my notice

Lanefair

• Members

And I don't even have another job lined up. Take that convention.

(I've never been to a take that convention btw)

Long story short, it was a 4 year stop gap, and everyone just had a pay review and i only came out about

• Members

My backwards logic is that being unemployed is the only kick up the arse that will get me another job. It's the fear of not earning money that has kept me in the job all this time, but money is slavery, {censored} it!

*loses house and girlfriend and has to pawn

• Members

good for you, it's the fear of not having a job that keeps us stuck in one we don't like....I did the same, I just packed my job in, I ended up moving to the midlands going to collage, moving again to the NW, going to uni, meeting my woman, having 2 kids....I wouldn't have done any of that if I had stayed in that job....

• Members

good for you, it's the fear of not having a job that keeps us stuck in one we don't like....I did the same, I just packed my job in, I ended up moving to the midlands going to collage, moving again to the NW, going to uni, meeting my woman, having 2 kids....I wouldn't have done any of that if I had stayed in that job....

And there you have it: children are caused by unemployment. Who'da thunk it?

• Members
My backwards logic is that being unemployed is the only kick up the arse that will get me another job. It's the fear of not earning money that has kept me in the job all this time, but money is slavery, {censored} it!

*loses house and girlfriend and has to pawn

• Members

Inspiring words Melx. If you're heading slowly off a cliff, it's actually a good idea to hit a wall. I found a degree course the other day specifically dealing with musical audio electronics. I've already got a BSc but can you imagine designing pedals and stuff on a degree course.

• Members

Inspiring words Melx. If you're heading slowly off a cliff, it's actually a good idea to hit a wall. I found a degree course the other day specifically dealing with musical audio electronics. I've already got a BSc but can you imagine designing pedals and stuff on a degree course.

I have this thing where I always like to be in some sort of control about what's happening to me, I was in a job where I basically did as I was told and I did it the way I was told to do it, even if I thought there was a better way. I got to a point where I just couldn't do it anymore. The sense of relief was enourmous when I left.

• Members

That's gutsy. I want to quit to teach lessons so I don't have to work as many hours as week, and therefor spend way more time on music, but I'm not sure how to financially make the transition. :idk:

• Members
That's gutsy. I want to quit to teach lessons so I don't have to work as many hours as week, and therefor spend way more time on music, but I'm not sure how to financially make the transition.
:idk:

I think the key to that is to make sure you don't have debts, then it's pretty easy.. But if you have debts then it's probably best to pay them off first.

I was very skint for a year but I didn't owe anyone anything so it wasn't really a problem. I just used to read a lot of books, I listened to all those albums i'd bought over the years while working but never really had enough time to listen to properly.

• Members
I think the key to that is to make sure you don't have debts, then it's pretty easy.. But if you have debts then it's probably best to pay them off first.

I was very skint for a year but I didn't owe anyone anything so it wasn't really a problem. I just used to read a lot of books, I listened to all those albums i'd bought over the years while working but never really had enough time to listen to properly.

Unfortunately I have a lot of student debt. :(

• Members

I won't get dole because I decided to resign. Also I went on it once in my teenage years and hated everything about it. I have debts, and I was paying them off, but things like my student loan have gone up gradually for years, so a stint of unemployment is hardly going to do much damage to me. Like I said I'm already chasing a few temping leads.

• Members
I have this thing where I always like to be in some sort of control about what's happening to me, I was in a job where I basically did as I was told and I did it the way I was told to do it, even if I thought there was a better way. I got to a point where I just couldn't do it anymore. The sense of relief was enourmous when I left.

Did you use to work at Burger King?....:lol:

Seriously, if you're doing a job that you're not entirely happy with then there usually comes a time when something pushes you over the edge and you have to leave.

• Members

Good on ya man. I need to do something similar. Graduated Uni, back with my mom's in the suburbs, decided to take some time off before going back to school, but now i'm stuck 'cause I like my job too much.

{censored} pay, but I like the people I work with and never have to get up early. I think I'm getting too comfortable with how little money I'm saving. {censored}.

• Members

Seriously, if you're doing a job that you're not entirely happy with then there usually comes a time when something pushes you over the edge and you have to leave.

In my case, i got a practically non existant payrise after 4 years service, worked at a roadshow that was a complete waste of time and resources, pulled a sickie and went to Ibiza for a gig and realised that there's more to life, all in one week. I know work's not meant to be a walk in the park, but there has to be prospects there, and some kind of reward. I leave with nothing. In fact I owe some holiday pay back. {censored}{censored}.

• Members
Did you use to work at Burger King?....
:lol:

no I was working for a fencing company, putting up fences round tennis courts, rolls of razor wire around the top of prisons, gates and fences for peoples houses...that kind of thing.

Archived