Mounting Danelectro mini pedals (non-velcro)

stevemcb

• Members

All you guys with dano mini pedals on your boards - anyone mounted them without using velcro? If so, how did you do it? I'm going to use the bicycle chain link method for other pedals, but the dano's don't have base-plate screws apart from the single plastic one.

Cheers,

Steve

• Members

Or just drill some holes in the bottom to do the bike chain method.

Great idea. Had never thought of that, don't think i've seen any boards using this method either.

Def. worth a shot. You might need a good drill to get through that metal bottom though.

• Members

This may sound stupid but you can buy stick-on magnets that you could stick to the bottom of the pedal and then stick one to your pedalboard. You can get them in DIY shops.

how about electromagnets? :idk:

This way you could easily remove the pedals off of your board with the click of a button. Or maybe even reverse the polarity and have a fully-floating board :thu:

• Members

The only floating that's gonna be happening is my old board in a lake, since the power supply died on me during practice a week ago:mad:

There's nothing in particular wrong with velcro, it's what I've been using up to now, but there have been some less than ideal experiences with it not sticking well, pulling labels off pedal bases, leaving goopy residue... And I'm looking for a more permanent arrangement now I think I've come pretty close to my ideal pedal setup (and my wallet's breaking point).

Most of the 17 pedals going on the new board will be no problem to attach with bike chain links, but the 3 dano's (Tuna Melt, Fish'n'Chips and Chicken Salad) along with the Rat may be a little problematic.

Drilling holes in the base-plate is reasonable, I had thought of doing this not to allow chain links to be put on (but it's a good idea), but to let you screw the base plate directly to the board (although you would presumably have to drill an extra hole in the board to allow you to screw the pedal back onto the base plate).

Zip ties would definitely work and are a good fix especially if you change up the pedals on your board a lot, but I'm thinking this is going to be a relatively permanent arrangement, and I'm not a big fan aesthetically.

Thanks guys,

Steve

I have a Fish & Chips bolted down to my board - actually screwed down - and I didn't use bike chain links (although I DO use them for most of my pedals); just wood screws.

If you have a wooden board, all you need is a drill, a couple of bits, and two or three wood screws.

Take off the pedal's bottom plate. Place it on the board, and pencil in where you want the pedal mounted. Then drill a fairly large (1/2" or so) hole through the pedalboard itself at the spot where the disassembly "thumbscrew" (on the bottom of the pedal) will be located when the pedal's in place. Then put the pedal's base back on the board, drill a few holes into it, and screw in the wood screws to hold it in place. Place the top of the pedal into place on top of the mounted pedal base, and use a screwdriver (through the hole, from the "underside" of the pedalboard) to tighten the disassembly screw back into place. :)

Archived