Best Buy to sell musical gear

BHz_econo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you have a good mom and pop store that stocks cool gear the chains don't, you shouldn't have much to worry about. If you're like many of the smaller stores in my area, where they stock the same stuff in smaller amounts and have employees just as clueless as GC's, then you might want to look for a new line of work.

Zesty, have you been in one of the Best Buy "music stores"? As I said, there's one just a few miles from here, and I've been in there on more than a few occasions. The selection is not what I'd call "extensive", and it is heavily tilted towards the entry level instruments, at least at the local store.

• Members

Zesty, have you been in one of the Best Buy "music stores"? As I said, there's one just a few miles from here, and I've been in there on more than a few occasions. The selection is not what I'd call "extensive", and it is heavily tilted towards the entry level instruments, at least at the local store.

I was just quoting the news story.

• Members

The one here in Riverside has been doing the "mini music store" thing for at least a year or two now. It's not going to compare with a Sam Ash or GC in terms of selection though - they've got about as much floor space as a small mom and pop music store.

Is that the one on Tyler? I haven't been to Riverside in about 3 years since I managed one of our company's store in Santa Ana.

What was the name of that small store across the Tyler mall? It's like hot as hell in there, and I can't imagine why they never bothered with buying an AC. I feel bad for some of those guitars, considering most of them are crappy.

• Members

ive been with best buy for 3 years, our store is one of the ones that will have a small music section in it.

right now it mostly midi, m audio stuff, but soon the whole store will be renovated and we will be adding all that stuf you saw in that video.

• Members

Seems like a logical way to cash in even further on the Guitar Hero / Rock Band fad. Kids playing the rhythm games get familiar with Les Pauls, Stratocasters and Explorers and want the real thing for Christmas. Well... the Epiphone/Squire equivalent, at least. Plus the local Best Buy is going to be a lot more approachable than the local music shop, most of the time.

• Members

guitar center definitely needs some competition

i don't have high hopes that this will be that great. but i do like walking through best buy sometimes, just checking out what they have. looking at all the stuff i can't afford, and seeing how much people pay for cds and movies

and now i can look at some music stuff while i'm there. fun. who cares if it has bad selection. i bet they'll have stuff guitar center doesn't stock on purpose

Archived