Feedback Flangers...Any on the cheap?

Noise...

• Members

Are there any flangers out there that do insane, space-ship feedback for cheap?

I'm thinking I may sell my Flanger Hoax and get a cheaper Flanger that *just* does the feedback thing, as that's all I really use the Hoax for. It's a great pedal, but I can't justify having $200 invested in something I rarely use....

Any recommendations for a Feedback flanger?

• Members

I'm sure any flanger could do that with modification. The feedback knob basically controls how much signal feeds back into itself. If you decrease the resistance enough, it will start to self-oscillate. For example, the big box electric mistress has an internal trim pot that will allow it to self-oscillate - the Boss BF-2 might have that too.

• Members

Never mind. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I could never sell my Hoax.

I am down to only a 4 pedal board though.

DE7>NYC Big Muff>Flanger Hoax> SMMH

Playing with the Hoax again, I just realized that nothing will do what it does. Selling it would be a huge mistake, and I KNOW I'd regret it instantly...

• Members

Never mind. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I could never sell my Hoax.

I am down to only a 4 pedal board though.

DE7>NYC Big Muff>Flanger Hoax> SMMH

Playing with the Hoax again, I just realized that nothing will do what it does. Selling it would be a huge mistake, and I KNOW I'd regret it instantly...

just keep it man. that's a sick board.

• Members
just keep it man. that's a sick board.

I'm going to unless a vintage Fender amp pops up and someone's willing to take it as trade. That's the only way I'd get rid of it.

I've been playing with it all morning after leaving it off of my board for about a month, and I really just forgot how awesome it is. :idk:

I honestly can't think of anything to really add to the board. The only thing that could replace the DE7 would be a Stereo Memory Man or DMM, the Big Muff will always be my main fuzz, the Hoax covers all the modulation I could dream of, and the SMMH covers delay and looping.

It's weird. The board just feels so complete. :poke:

Archived