are there mods for the bd-2 that...

• Members

I've never had a problem with the volume, it's really pretty dependant on your signal chain though. Put it after all other dirt, right into the amp for the best boost.

As far as the tone knob, I think just doubling the value of the tone cap greatly improves its usefulness.

• Members

I think it does. I've never actually used a stock version, but I've been told that they can be a little bit shrill. I don't think the Keeley is at all. In fact I more less always leave the tone control at about 10 o'clock on the dial, as it suits my guitars and AC30 best there.

• Members

I think it does. I've never actually used a stock version, but I've been told that they can be a little bit shrill. I don't think the Keeley is at all. In fact I more less always leave the tone control at about 10 o'clock on the dial, as it suits my guitars and AC30 best there.

Awesome :thu:

Thinking of getting one for my AC30. I'm glad it works fine. Would you say the Keeley mod is essential or should I buy the stock version?

• Members
Awesome
:thu:

Thinking of getting one for my AC30. I'm glad it works fine. Would you say the Keeley mod is essential or should I buy the stock version?

Having never tried a stock BD-2 I couldn't say if the Keeley mod would be essential. A lot of people seem to like the stock pedal just as it is. I do know however that since getting the Keeley about a year and a half ago I haven't felt the need to try any other OD pedals.

Archived