My 1st pedal build ,alot of yaking W/pics

fuzz/karl

• Members

So I decided to venture into my first build & opted to go the perf board from a schematic as aposed to the BYOC route.

I'm going with a schem. from Circuit Snippets called the Idiot Wah,with some tweeks my buddy recommened to me.

Its simular to the Anderton WahAntiWah,but uses trannies instead of opamps.

Looks simple enough,I just gotta source the parts & get a nice soldering iron.

I had an old DOD AB box laying around,but it was pretty bet up and pitted so my buddy & I took a cut off tool to it ,etching the metal.

You can't tell by the lighting in this pic but the texture looks like a flame top on a paul.I like it.

So,I went and picked up some engine block spray paint & some stripping tape. The base coat is chrome & the rest is forest green,then clear coat.I threw a couple of knobs I had on it like it may be layed out but I'm not commited to it yet.I'll post more as the build progresses.

Heres the case:

kuzproto2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.Suggestions are welcome,I'm a Noob to this stuff.

• Members

So I decided to venture into my first build & opted to go the perf board from a schematic as aposed to the BYOC route.

I'm going with a schem.

good stuff, this way is far mroe satisfactory in my opinion! and far more useful if you intend on building more, as a real learning experience.

• Members

Heres the box as it sits I was thinkin' about turning the pedal 180 using the hole on the side for the cap pot(1 pot is to very the value of the freg.) & use a big knob to tweek with my toe for sweep.Witch would mean I'll need to drill a new switch hole.
The other lay out the switch goes were the bakelite knob is( I just set it there to cover the hole,its just a 2 knob pedal) & plug the side hole.
What do ya guys think.
Picture171.jpg

• Members

good stuff, this way is far mroe satisfactory in my opinion! and far more useful if you intend on building more, as a real learning experience.

Thanks tape,that was my thought too.I just got on line & read a schematics tutorial then asked a buddy to make sure I understood it all(well....enough).

Now I'm gonna take the plung.

I'm having alot of fun so far but I'm worried I just picked up a new addiction.

• Members

Thanks tape,that was my thought too.I just got on line & read a schematics tutorial then asked a buddy to make sure I understood it all(well....enough).

Now I'm gonna take the plung.

I'm having alot of fun so far but I'm worried I just picked up a new addition.

Don't worry about New Edition, they're long gone.

As far as addictions, get through to the other side of your first big debugging and then evaluate.

• Members

LOL yeah seems I've got the cart infront of the horse & a spelling issue.
I've already started looking at amp kits & I havn't even got the parts for my first pedal:freak:

I have a bit of an addictive personality.

• Members

LOL yeah seems I've got the cart infront of the horse & a spelling issue.

I've already started looking at amp kits & I havn't even got the parts for my first pedal:freak:

I have a bit of an addictive personality.

Just remember that amps KILL! Have fun though. :poke:

Archived