The guitarfetish locking tuners, do they work and will they fit?

• Members

My G-string does out of tune with just the slighest little bend so something has got to be done.

What other options do I have? Will new saddles or a new nut be a better solution?

HeartfeltDawn: It's one of the Lite Ash ones so they are built in Korea where the G&L guitars are apparently also made.

• Members
My G-string does out of tune with just the slighest little bend so something has got to be done.

that shouldn't happen, providing you string up correctly and stretch them in they should be solid as a rock on a tele. :confused:

• Members

Korean instruments tend to go with metric hardware. I'm guessing the tuners are Korean made so should be fine with a Korean Tele. I know when I modded my Korean Epi Dot that the Gotoh bridge i bought didn't fit properly. You should be OK with these.

If you want locking Grovers, they really aren't much more than these ones. I stick locking Grovers on my guitars simply because I am lazy and like the simple string changes these facilitate.

If the G string is going out of tune, I'd look at the nut slot and stick some graphite down in that slot with a soft pencil. I'd look at the nut before thinking of changing the tuners. One thing consistent with all the Korean and Japanese guitars I've had is that the nut is a common place to cheap out on. You can go with graphite or tusq or whatever you like really. I have bone on my guitars. Your problem is more likely to be a {censored}ty nut slot than a bad tuner.

• Members
If the G string is going out of tune, I'd look at the nut slot and stick some graphite down in that slot with a soft pencil. I'd look at the nut before thinking of changing the tuners. One thing consistent with all the Korean and Japanese guitars I've had is that the nut is a common place to cheap out on. You can go with graphite or tusq or whatever you like really. I have bone on my guitars. Your problem is more likely to be a {censored}ty nut slot than a bad tuner.

yup, get that 4b pencil out!! :)

• Members

What other options do I have? Will new saddles or a new nut be a better solution?

HeartfeltDawn: It's one of the Lite Ash ones so they are built in Korea where the G&L guitars are apparently also made.

You sound like you're binding at the nut.

Get some graphite from a very fine mechanical pencil down in the nut and at the bridge, should help the tuning issues.

It's also possible that your nut isn't cut properly.

• Members

Sounds like a plan then. Going to put some new strings on today.

The nut is {censored}e though. Made of plastic.

Should I get a bone nut or will those graphtec nuts work just as well?

I've only used bone, but the benefit of graphtec is that you never have to lubricate it, since it's MADE of graphite. Personal opinion, of course.

A lot of corksniffers will tell you that graphite nuts and saddles rob tone, but I've never experienced that.

• Members

I personally never minded the way Graphtech nuts sounded, but a much easier and cheaper solution is Graphitall graphite gel. A lot of people will tell you that pencil, powder, chapstick, grease pencil, etc., are just as good, but I've had the best success with Graphitall. It's only like $4 a tube and one tube lasts for a really long time.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GHS-GraphitAll-Guitar-Lubricant?sku=423700&src=3SOSWXXA

Archived