What 4 amps make up "your sound"?

MacBradley

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Crate V18-112. My main amp for everything. It comes highly recommended.

Really, I dont have 4 amps...
:cry:

Neither do I.

I have:
Fender twin
Epiphone valve junior
Danelectro Honeytone

I don't even count the last one as an amp, well, I wouldn't say it contributes to "my sound", it's not something I'd mic at a gig.

And I'm gonna be picking up a V18 when I can.

• Members

I don't even have four amps currently.

That's cause this is a parody thread of one with the same title except "amps" was originally "pedals." I can't believe no one realized this, given how ridiculous it is to fathom that forumites actually have a 4 amp setup to get "their sound." Hell, one of my 4 amps was a gorilla :rolleyes:, lol.

Btw, :poke:

I win

:)

Good game

:thu:

• Members
Not as good as most of Fender's lineup.
:D:cop:

Eh, the XTC is based on a Fender Super Reverb. Sounds Fendery enough for me. I love the clean on it. Some people think the Shiva is right on par with a BF Fender, some even prefer it over a Twin. I would say they are as good as most of Fender's lineup, but then again I've played a number of Fenders I wasn't overly impressed with too.

• Members

Eh, the XTC is based on a Fender Super Reverb. Sounds Fendery enough for me. I love the clean on it. Some people think the Shiva is right on par with a BF Fender, some even prefer it over a Twin. I would say they are as good as most of Fender's lineup, but then again I've played a number of Fenders I wasn't overly impressed with too.

Bogner clean? not even close to fender. Shiva? Best channel switcher clean out there, but compared to a good super or twin? come on....

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I don't even have the room for four half stacks :facepalm:

I currently own a Valve Junior and a JCM900 combo will hopefully come in after christmas. And I'm also keen on buying a Yamaha T100.

I recorded a demo with a Fuchs Lucky 7 and a JCM900, so I'd choose them both plus... dunno...

1) Fuchs Lucky 7

2) Jcm900 SL-X

3) Mesa Lonestar

4) Soldano SLO

Hope I can organize a clean enough bank robbery to afford the last two.

Archived