Marc Bolan is T-REX!

seifukusha

• Members

well, we know that. I got the book Born to Boogie and its superawesum. Its got him playing an acoustic hooked up to a colorsound wah and looks like a maestro fuzz or smething. So, i dug out Electric Warrior and I love the textures on it. Esp how he';ll have his fuzzed up guitar solos so out of the mix and loud. fun and great stuff.

Ever get the feeling Prince got his singing style partially from Marc?

fans? anyone else got a picture of him with his pedals?

• Members

He did play a V from time to time.

Yeah, I remember reading how it was stolen from his apartment immediately after it was announced he died, and I assumed that was what he always played. Then, after I finished the picture, I went to copy the logo of the album, and realized my error. So I guess that was his secondary guitar.

Man, bad perm aside, what a bad ass. Maybe he just really wanted to be like Syd Barrett.

• Members

Marc Bolan kicks (well, kicked - damn Gloria Jones' lack of driving skill!) all kinds of ass. I listen to T. Rex all the time, and I'm only 18. I think I'm probably the biggest T. Rex fan my age on the planet, especially outside of England, since T. Rex is basically an obscure one-hit wonder in the US.

A few months ago, I built a Rangemaster clone just because I wanted to get closer to Marc's tone; I even used the same kind of transistor that was supposed to be in Marc's.

Archived