Crybaby screws / feet / velcro ?

timmyo

• Members

So, I wanted to remove the rubber feet from my modded Crybaby so I could Velro it down (and get it right up to the edge of my Pedaltrain) but without the rubber bits the screws are too long to go back in.

I can't be the only person to have wanted to do this - any neat solutions?

• Members

I took some metal plate I had lying around and cut it to roughly fit the perimeter of the case. Used the cover plate to locate the holes and drilled them out in the plate. Covered the plate with some industrial hook tape cutting the excess off and the holes out. Cut down some pan head 6-32 screws. Done.

pedal_plate.jpg

You should be able to get everything at a home supply store probably even screws of the correct length. Easy ten minute job costing very little. Now you can save the original feet, screws, and cover plate in case you want to convert back.

Andrew

• Members

I just have it so the feet fall through the Pedaltrain. Works fine for me.

aye that's what I'm doing now - I just wanted to nudge it right over to the edge.

Cheers for the replies - I'd get one of those addon-plates but transatlantic shipping costs more than the plate!

If anyone happens to know the thread size shout out - failing that I might just try some random correct-looking shorter screws...

ta

Tim

Archived