Can someone make me a current doubler cable?

matterday

• Members

end gain being 18v from a 1 spot, no?

No, it'd need 2 isolated outputs from a power supply. What I have right now that came with my Fuel Tank Jr is the voltage doubler, takes 2 isolated outputs and turns it into 18v. Not sure if the current is doubled or not but it doesn't matter for me because I need 9v anyways. I need the current doubler that keeps the same voltage but doubles the mA output.

By the way, if anyone has an extra current doubler lying around I have the voltage doubler and daisy chain that came with my FTJr I can trade you. I just want to power my DD-20 off of my FTJr sooooooooooooo bad.

• Members

my guess is asking someone to take the tiem to hunt down parts and build the little thing to send it via cheap mail would cost just as much as buying it cheap o nthat site and goign for expensive mail. just a guess of course.

• Members

I sent some papers (2 pages) to England via FedEx and it cost me $50.

When I buy stuff from the US (I live in Norway), I pay $15 for a normal-sized pedal, and around $5 for a couple of packs of strings. I guess there are cheaper options than FedEx.

• Members

I guess I forgot to leave out I had it expressed over there since the paperwork was already late
:cry:

The DD-20 I'm trying to power requires 200mA. Each output on my T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr is 120mA so what I'm trying to do is double that for a total of 240mA but keep it at 9v.

Thats not going to work no matter what kind of cable you have since all the outputs are not isolated AFAIK. The TREX is organized like a daisy chain in a box for the 9v outs so youll have to get a PPII if you want to do any cable trickery for power.

• Members

It needs to be more then that. You cant magically get rid of voltage. There has to be something to bring the voltage down but keep the current the same.

Doesn't it just run the two outputs in parallel? Then it would be just like running two batteries in parallel - same voltage but twice the current available.

Archived