does it exist?

jorhay1

• Members

the spider still has modeling and dsp and is designed to be used with a cab but has line outs.

what i'm talking about is simple

just a basic tube guitar amp that takes a speaker load and has a speaker emulator line out. nothing digital.

• Members

If I'm not mistaken.

A Preamp amplifies to line-level.

And then the power amp amplifies that even more before sending it to the speakers.

I don't think you would want to put a full load (pre and power amp'd) into a mixer.

You would just need a pre to get it to line level.

your correct

so yeah a tube pre amp would be nice if it had a speaker emulator

better yet

it would also be nice to get the power amp sound

i was talking about something that took the load and converted it to line

but, again, not full range but through a speaker emulator

you could have a 1 watt power amp section with a small load

just need something for direct recording that sounds like an amp thats not digital

or a sans amp

• Members

the spider still has modeling and dsp and is designed to be used with a cab but has line outs.

what i'm talking about is simple

just a basic tube guitar amp that takes a speaker load and has a speaker emulator line out. nothing digital.

ah i thought you were lookin for a tube powered modelling amp. whoops!

• Members

A THD Hot Plate can get you part of the way there. Set it to LOAD, and connect the amp (speaker out) to it. Then you'll have a line out of the whole amp, that you can run through your cab simulator of choice.

Note that it is only on the LOAD setting that you can use the HP without also having a speaker connected. With any of the other settings, you'll also need a speaker load.

Archived