best Smashing Pumpkins fuzz under 100?

_Idioteque_

• Members

What do you people think would be the best choice for a fuzz for early(1st ep and siamese dream) smashing pumpkins tone? Songs I mainly have in mind are Mayonaise(wall of sound big muff type fuzz) and Rocket(sputtery raspy fuzz. I know next to nothing about fuzz pedals that sound like that type of tone).

Pweeze?

• Members

Well the muff is what was used mostly on Siamese Dream, but most of that sound comes from overdubbing tons of the same guitar part with the muff. Your amp would also be very important. What are you using?

If you're interested, this is Jeff (their current touring guitarist) Schroeder's live rig. I've seen them twice now and he definitely gets the Siamese Dream sounds no problem live with this stuff.

jeffrackdq9.th.jpg

jeffpedalsyf9.th.jpg

• Members

BYOC Triangle Large Beaver or a GGG Triangle Large Beaver. Check out ebay and you'll probably catch one or the other at some point. I think there was somebody on these forums that was selling one or the other.

• Members

Well the muff is what was used mostly on Siamese Dream, but most of that sound comes from overdubbing tons of the same guitar part with the muff. Your amp would also be very important. What are you using?

If you're interested, this is Jeff (their current touring guitarist) Schroeder's live rig. I've seen them twice now and he definitely gets the Siamese Dream sounds no problem live with this stuff.

jeffrackdq9.th.jpg

jeffpedalsyf9.th.jpg

Randall Power amps?

• Members

jeffrackdq9.th.jpg

jeffpedalsyf9.th.jpg

No fuzz on that rack? :idk:

• Members

Doesn't the micro synth have a fuzz section?

Yeah, but I really doubt that would be used for a lot of rythym work. On Siamese Dream it was mainly used for solos, like the Cherub Rock solo, for example. I'm not sure what was used for that really buzzy Rocket sound.

• Members

Yeah, but I really doubt that would be used for a lot of rythym work. On Siamese Dream it was mainly used for solos, like the Cherub Rock solo, for example. I'm not sure what was used for that really buzzy Rocket sound.

Not sure what they used for fuzz on that one, but I know they used a Boss octave pedal on that track.

• Members

Not sure what they used for fuzz on that one, but I know they used a Boss octave pedal on that track.

Could it possibly be a Fender Blender I wonder? Maybe a combination of Blender and Octave?

Archived