Treble Boost

jorhay1

• Members

Dano Fish and Chips EQ pedal? Cheap and sounds really good, just boost the higher frequencies and you're there.

EQ pedals can't do the same thing as a treble booster. I think this in gone over in every thread on treble boosters.

One the cheap, the best option (if you want to buy one) is the HBE Germania. However, I built one myself for cheaper that I think sounds way better.

• Members

EQ pedals can't do the same thing as a treble booster. I think this in gone over in every thread on treble boosters.

One the cheap, the best option (if you want to buy one) is the HBE Germania. However, I built one myself for cheaper that I think sounds way better.

the byoc?

• Members

Truth^

I tried the whole F&C boost the treble thing, but it doesn't sound like my Keeley Java Boost. The Keeley Java is not cheap, but well worth the price as it has three settings to choose from.

• Members

Truth^

I tried the whole F&C boost the treble thing, but it doesn't sound like my Keeley Java Boost. The Keeley Java is not cheap, but well worth the price as it has three settings to choose from.

Yeah, EQs and treble boosters boost frequencies in different ways, so they sound different.

A big factor in the sound of a treble booster is its transistor. Part of the reason the more expensive ones cost more is that they use better transistors. The cheaper ones tend to use cheaper transistors that don't sound as good. I didn't like the way a Germania sounded with my Telecaster, but I actually like the Rangemaster clone I built a lot (I used a NOS OC71 transistor).

Archived