When rehousing two pedals into one enclosure...

BoredGuitarist7

• Members

Ok.

This is my first dual pedal type deal.

I am still a little bit confused.

I'd wire the pedals power supply portion of the PCB to the positive sleeve of the DC Jack, with a 100 ohm resistor in its path. The 47uf capacitors go where in relation to the circuit?

Thanks for the responses. Gave that decoupling explanation read, Nitefly, and I understand the purpose for it more now. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be able to use two 9v to power the pedals. Since the Fab Distortion will always have the input jack wired to the Cool Cat Distortion, the battery power supply would never be bypassed and it'd just drain. Fast.

• Members

Adding decoupling on the power feeds to each of the circuits is a good idea. When stuffing more than one home-made circuit in a box, it would be essential. However, this should already be done in the circuits themselves (as they are designed to work off a daisy-chain cable). But have a look at where the +9v ends up in each pedal - if they don't have that extra 100ohm (or so) resistor, adding them to the feed from the common DC input jack should help.

• Members

Ok.

This is my first dual pedal type deal.

I am still a little bit confused.

I'd wire the pedals power supply portion of the PCB to the positive sleeve of the DC Jack, with a 100 ohm resistor in its path. The 47uf capacitors go where in relation to the circuit?

Thanks for the responses. Gave that decoupling explanation read, Nitefly, and I understand the purpose for it more now. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be able to use two 9v to power the pedals. Since the Fab Distortion will always have the input jack wired to the Cool Cat Distortion, the battery power supply would never be bypassed and it'd just drain. Fast.

9V at DC jack -> 100 ohm resistor -> circuit 9v and also a 47uF cap to ground.

Archived