US to give 900 million to Hamas

jorhay1

• Members

charecterizing everyone who dissents with your little world view as 'rightwing blowhards' is REALLY, as you would say, 'weaksauce' (quoting aljazeera? thats the fox news of the muslim world. no? a respected journalistic news source? lol!)

In fashion news: Antisemitism is the new black.

:facepalm:

That's not directed at you btw. I'm just amazed what some people will parrot without doing research beyond whatever dumbass blog they are reading.

• Members

It fascinates me how reality gets reframed by the rightwing blowhards that even thoughtful people can't discern it anymore.

:facepalm:.

I've been reading up, and talking with some of my Persian friends, and it is pretty bad over there... They are launching the missiles from civillian areas, like houses and schools, so the missile sites can't get taken out as easily. Pretty sad, really. :cry:

• Members

That's funny. I recently read an article on Aljazeera's website that actually claimed that there is no discrimination against Jews in ANY arab countries...which is odd since no Jew is even allowed to step foot in Saudia Arabia and Jews are not allowed to be citizens of Jordan just to name a few examples. So, no, I wouldn't say that Al-Jazeera is really a respectable credible source of unbiased news.

I didn't see that article, but I believe you. I guess I was wrong.

• Members

Ultimately, the only humanistic solution is the dissolution of Israel as a state, but US and British imperialists would themselves have to be unseated for that to occur.

Such an idiotic statement neither requires nor deserves a response other than the one I originally gave.

• Members

charecterizing everyone who dissents with your little world view as 'rightwing blowhards' is REALLY, as you would say, 'weaksauce' (quoting aljazeera? thats the fox news of the muslim world. no? a respected journalistic news source? lol!)

Gaza is not Hamas. Be honest. The reason you find this noteworthy enough to post on the forum is because it appears that Obama and Hillary are siding with terrorists. This is a blatant rightwing talking head spin of reality, AKA LIE. I think it is weaksauce for thoughtful intelligent individuals to take this or any shortcut to thinking.

I found the Aljazeera article to be unbiased. I couldn't find a Fox article at the time. But just incase I used the Christian Science Monitor as a triangulation device.

• Members

The Palestinian Authority is led by Mahmoud Abbas, whose Fatah party is a rival of Hamas. He wouldn't dare let money leak to Hamas, as his power hungry cronies need to pocket the money to retain any influence in the region, primarily why the US is doing so. If the Fatah lose the faith of the West Bank, then a Hamas led rebellion will birth yet again.

Ultimately, the only humanistic solution is the dissolution of Israel as a state, but US and British imperialists would themselves have to be unseated for that to occur.

You talk purdy and have a clue! :love::thu::idea:

But I think there should not be a dissolution of Israel as a state.

• Members

I've been reading up, and talking with some of my Persian friends, and it is pretty bad over there... They are launching the missiles from civillian areas, like houses and schools, so the missile sites can't get taken out as easily. Pretty sad, really.
:cry:

Who Hamas? SURE! But Hamas is not PALESTINE. This is about as dense as somebody in Germany saying the US Government is financing terrorist because they give money to the American banks and Timothy McVeigh was American.

:freak:

• Members

All I know is the people over there are dying and living in rubble....they need help.

Don't let all the government/religious bull{censored} make you forget these are our fellow human beings.

• Members
In fashion news: Antisemitism is the new black.

That's not directed at you btw. I'm just amazed what some people will parrot without doing research beyond whatever dumbass blog they are reading.

Funny how when anybody sides for human rights of ANY people, including but not limited to Palestinians (who may have only in common at most their ethnicity), they are suddenly Antisemitic. Another wonderful literary tool brought to you by a well funded right wing think tank. Same tool that spun affirmative action as a racist policy. :rolleyes:

Fact of the matter is if we do not fund more "tolerable" Palestinian people they WILL elect Hamas at the ballot box, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

• Members

All I know is the people over there are dying and living in rubble....they need help.

Don't let all the government/religious bull{censored} make you forget these are our fellow human beings.

Exactly. People have convinced themselves that there is "another" so completely foreign to them that they are all the same people "evil". In order to forget that there are normal people amongst the ideologues, criminals and madmen. Normal people trying to live their lives in peace, just like you and I, you have to remove humanity from "those ones" over there and lump them all in the same category. Good or evil.

"Imagine beyond the binary."

• Members

That's funny. I recently read an article on Aljazeera's website that actually claimed that there is no discrimination against Jews in ANY arab countries...which is odd since no Jew is even allowed to step foot in Saudia Arabia and Jews are not allowed to be citizens of Jordan just to name a few examples. So, no, I wouldn't say that Al-Jazeera is really a respectable credible source of unbiased news.

Well Saudi Arabia is a completely different state, WELL supported by the US, also known for nurturing terrorism.

• Members

Exactly. People have convinced themselves that there is "another" so completely foreign to them that they are all the same people "evil". In order to forget that there are normal people amongst the ideologues, criminals and madmen. Normal people trying to live their lives in peace, just like you and I, you have to remove humanity from "those ones" over there and lump them all in the same category. Good or evil.

"Imagine beyond the binary."

yeah, watching 'long way round' (a UK TV series where actor Ewan McGregor travels around the world with his mate on motorbikes) made this really sink home, wherever you go in the world, if you put the bull{censored} powers that be aside....every 'normal' person is friendly, helpful and pretty much the same as you and I...they just want to live, have families and enjoy life and generally have no problem with anyone. They travelled though some places that can be pretty dangerous, but 99.9% of the time all they found were welcoming arms, help and a plate of food.....and I know Americans are like this too, everyone I know who has been there and met regular folk say the people in the USA are some of the most welcoming, friendly and generous people in the world, but the media doesn't show that side very often either.....I think we get given a very negative impression of other countries because that's what the media reports most of the time.

• Members

yeah, watching 'long way round' (a UK TV series where actor Ewan McGregor travels around the world with his mate on motorbikes) made this really sink home, wherever you go in the world, if you put the bull{censored} powers that be aside....every 'normal' person is friendly, helpful and pretty much the same as you and I...they just want to live, have families and enjoy life and generally have no problem with anyone. They travelled though some places that can be pretty dangerous, but 99.9% of the time all they found were welcoming arms, help and a plate of food.....and I know Americans are like this too, everyone I know who has been there and met regular folk say the people in the USA are some of the most welcoming, friendly and generous people in the world, but the media doesn't show that side very often either.....I think we get given a very negative impression of other countries because that's what the media reports most of the time.

Well you're welcome at my house if you ever travel through Portland. Speaking of TV shows... We have a show called "Wife Swap" where they take women from completely different families and live with the husband and kids of another... I always thought a good show for Americans would be they take a narrowminded, frightened of the "evil others", otherwise sealed off American and put them in a tribe in Africa, or on a kibbutz in Israel, or drop them off in the middle of Shibuya with the info, "meet me at Hachiko" or in France to live for a couple weeks.

• Members

It is only when we get to the humanity that we get beyond the sterility of historic racial and religious conflicts.........grief and desperate loneliness are not political things, but human things.

This struck a chord with me... I can't believe I'm quoting the Archbishop of Canterbury, I guess i'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to judging people at times.....food for thought indeed.

• Members
Well you're welcome at my house if you ever travel through Portland. Speaking of TV shows... We have a show called "Wife Swap" where they take women from completely different families and live with the husband and kids of another... I always thought a good show for Americans would be they take a narrowminded, frightened of the "evil others", otherwise sealed off American and put them in a tribe in Africa, or on a kibbutz in Israel, or drop them off in the middle of Shibuya with the info, "meet me at Hachiko" or in France to live for a couple weeks.

Thanks. :)

....yeah we have the UK version of wife swap too....it's so awful, they just pick people they know are polar opposites just to film them fighting. :lol::facepalm:

• Members

Check out Morgan Spurlock's show 30 days;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_Days

He uses this premise in a few episodes, although none quite as pronounced as your proposals.

• Members

Your logic is suspect. This is a textbook argument from silence. Any more red herrings you'd like to serve?

OK. I'll bite. Exactly why in your view would the most "humanistic solution" be the dissolution of the State of Israel? And, most "humanistic" for whom?

Archived