RC-2 looper placement

pencho

• Members

Well at the end of the chain.

Or if your amp as an effects loop you can put it in there. That means if you have a two channel amp you can record a loop clean then use your amps drive without it interfering with the clean loop or vice versa.

Those are the two places really. Or if you want to manipulate a loop put it infront of whatever pedals you want and then make a loop then switch on your pedals and manipulate the loop to your liking.

• Members

At the very end.

Sometimes I put it first. I do this finding settings for pedals. I record a simple loop then play it. While it is playing, I start tweeking pedals. Especially EQ pedals. I like doing this better. Instead of playing something, reaching down, mess with the settings.

• Members

People tend to argue over either a)before the pre-amp but after everything else or b)in an effects loop (if your amp has one)

The only difference is really whether you want the natural overdrive from your amp being looped or not. Regardless, put it after all your other pedals or it gets weird. maybe you're into that though . . .

• Members

A bit off-topic here, but the RC-2 is the one pedal that I'd consider using only with a 9-volt battery to cut down on 60 hertz hum. Recordings and playback sound a lot better with this pedal if you use a battery.

I use an adapter for general messing around, but then switch to a battery when I want to get serious.

• Members

A bit off-topic here, but the RC-2 is the one pedal that I'd consider using only with a 9-volt battery to cut down on 60 hertz hum. Recordings and playback sound a lot better with this pedal if you use a battery.

I use an adapter for general messing around, but then switch to a battery when I want to get serious.

a battery will literally last about 20 minutes in an RC-2. if that. i think it even says something about low battery time in the manual. good luck with all that.

• Members

a battery will literally last about 20 minutes in an RC-2. if that. i think it even says something about low battery time in the manual. good luck with all that.

Well, that may be with alkaline batteries. I dunno. I use rechargeable nicads and NiMH batteries and get better results than that to be sure, but then I have several of them available at any time.

My point is that if you're trying to record something for mixing on your PC and eventual uploading to the web or something like that, then definitely use a 9-volt battery with the RC-2.

• Members

+1

99.9% of folks have 'em dead last.

i'm in the minority then; i tend to put my loopers after dirt but before modulation and delay... i like building up loops and then effecting the entire loop as it sounds 'cleaner' that way. for me, that usually means just tremolo and/or a delay on the loop, but i've had great fun running loops (with several layers) through my Micro Pog.

it all depends on what you're aiming for... if effects are a big part of what you do, then you'll probably want the looper last (so you can record your effected playing).

Archived