Ampeg J-12T. Loud?

echodeluxe

• Members

i had a line on a reverberocket but the dude sold it last week and left the damn ad up. he was asking $290!!! damn guy got my hopes up. {censored}ing guy.

anyway, theres a jet j-12t near me for about the same price in good condition. i know the reverbrocket would be loud enough, but the jet?

its got trem and that awesome ampeg reverb so im figuring it will sound amazing, but i dunno. loud enough?

• Members

yeah thats a help. most of my gigs are mic'd so im guessing yeah. i always worry 15 watts wont be enough but i want a blues jr and then this popped up. i was gonna pick up a hot rod deluxe but people seem to think that they are worth $600 used these days. god damn.

• Members

Get the Jet.

They stay clean forever too.

i heard the opposite. i also heard that the tremolo kinda sucks. plus its not footswitchable which is kinda lame.

the blues jr i posted in that link hs a celestion g12l 35 speaker and billm mods for $400. seems decent.

• Members

Keep looking around for a Reveberocket then.

You can get them for $350-450. AMAZING reverb. Infinitely better than a Blues Jr.

i dont hve the luxury of waiting round really. i want to grab something before the tour in april starts so i have till april 7th to get something. i think im gonna go with the blues jr unless a hot rod deluxe pops up in a sensible price range.

• Members

I play one.

Its definitely loud enough and I play in a two guitar band.

the only thing that could be an issue is the headroom. With a humbucker guitar like my Sheraton it breaks up in an early AC/DC way at about 3. With a strat you get a similar effect at between 5-6.

Its a great sounding amp. I don't use the trem much, but the reverb sounds great pointed straight up. Tone knob is best straight up. So basically you only have to deal with a volume knob. Just a pure, kick-ass amp. Tkaes pedals well.

I'll probably never need anything bigger. Any place thats too big for it will mic you anyway. I played an outdoor gig with it once unmicced and it kept up fine.

Archived