If you only had time to go to 1 guitar shop in SanFran?

paganifuzz

• Members

which one would be?

Say the best guitar shop with good second hand section in San Francisco. I got a friend passing by there but he will only stay for couple days so I must be dead on right to send him to the right spot to get me something!

one two go,

• Members
which one would be?

Say the best guitar shop with good second hand section in San Francisco. I got a friend passing by there but he will only stay for couple days so I must be dead on right to send him to the right spot to get me something!

one two go,

Hands down, Rocker Guitars. Best selection of boutique gear and knowledgeable, friendly staff. :thu:

• Members
both websites dont show nothing but home page...

any ohters, so I could browse the catalog online...not GC please!

Most of the locals shops here don't have websites with their inventory on them.

If your friend makes it out to the East Bay he should check out Starving Musician in Berkeley...great selection of second hand gear at great prices and one of the best boutique pedal selections in the bay area. :)

• Members

I remember going to 'fat dawgs' in berkley when I was over there years ago.

Alternately look on ebay.com and look for collections. I bought a beaten up strat over the for about $150 x

You're talking about Subway Guitars. Yeah, you might find an occasional rare gem there, but the place is tiny, piled to ceiling with unsorted (often untested) junk, and most of the guitars on "the rack" are Frankenstein combinations of assorted bits and pieces from various different guitars. Subway's best stuff is in the warehouse, and you can only get it through Fat Dawg's website.

http://www.fatdawg.com/gateway.html

BTW, any "Fatdawg" or "Fatdog" branded guitar is probably made in Korea. They ain't bad, but they ain't great.

Archived