OT:Taliban a few miles from getting nukes

jorhay1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's plenty of countries out there with nukes, some of them who you'd rather didn't too but no one is dumb enough to use them. This is just scare mongering to promote a never ending war.
If the unlikely happened and the Taliban did get hold of them nothing would happen, they'd mouth off for sure and threaten us but they're not stupid, they don't want to get fried in retaliation, no one does.

• Members

There's plenty of countries out there with nukes, some of them who you'd rather didn't too but no one is dumb enough to use them. This is just scare mongering to promote a never ending war.

If the unlikely happened and the Taliban did get hold of them nothing would happen, they'd mouth off for sure and threaten us but they're not stupid, they don't want to get fried in retaliation, no one does.

I disagree, I think the real radicalized freaks ( I'm not talking about the many good muslims ) over there would have no problem starting a Holy nuclear war. They absolutely hate us..they would kill us all if they could, and they would sleep very well after they did it. And a retaliatory strike would not dissaude them....they have no problem meeting allah sooner rather than later.

those taliban pricks are a bunch of woman hating laten homo facists IMO ( there are many good muslime people all over the world, I have no problem with them , the taliban aren't among them - they're stuck in the 12th century )....

If we do have a full out war with them ( it will happen at some point the only question is when )......I hope to god we have people in charge with the stones to fight it to win and to kill every enemy as neccessary and accept the inevitable collateral damage that comes with every rotten war......god knows our adversaries will....

Scary stuff....

• Members

I disagree, I think the real radicalized freaks ( I'm not talking about the many good muslims ) over there would have no problem starting a Holy nuclear war. They absolutely hate us..they would kill us all if they could, and they would sleep very well after they did it. And a retaliatory strike would not dissaude them....they have no problem meeting allah sooner rather than later.

those taliban pricks are a bunch or woman hating laten homo facists IMO ( there are many good muslime people all over the world, I have no problem with them , the taliban aren't among them - they're stuck in the 12th century )....

If we do have a full out war with them ( it will happen at some point the only question is when )......I hope to god we have people in charge with the stones to fight it to win and to kill every enemy as neccessary and accept the inevitable collateral damage that comes with every rotten war......god knows our adversaries will....

Scary stuff....

Hmm. Well the taliban are extremist that much is certain but they're not stupid. If they were then this war would've been over long ago. They may be happy to be martyrs but they also want control and power (that's what this is all about) ... you can't rule over a nuclear wasteland.

• Members

folks, this is a situation where an actual coalition is working together. obama, gordon brown, sarkozy, merkel, etc... you know the European leaders, let alone the Israelis, are not going to let the taliban anywhere near the nukes. its just unrealistic. it will be ugly but it won't end well for the taliban.

and yeah, india too.

• Members

folks, this is a situation where an actual coalition is working together. obama, gordon brown, sarkozy, merkel, etc... you know the European leaders, let alone the Israelis, are not going to let the taliban anywhere near the nukes. its just unrealistic.

Exactly. It will never get that far.

This is just scare mongering, just like the weapons of mass destruction lies that got us into the mess in Iraq. Governments can't continue to wage unpopular wars unless the people believe it to be a real threat to them personally. Stir up fear in the population (nuclear war being about as scary as it gets) and you have the backing of the people to keep going with an unpopular, costly (in terms of money and lives) and lengthy war.

Archived