QT: almost died monday

jorhay1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Those are not the warning signs. The signs are more like "oh, I'm fine," and then like a few hours later your like "I am in agonizing pain!"

It can be more gradual depending on the orientation of your appendix to your other organs but mine was jamming me in the spleen or something. (some people have pain for a couple of days before they realize they need to go to the hospital, and this can actually be much more lethal because you don't notice too much until it bursts, and when that happens you don't have long to live).

But yeah, you should probably go to the doctor. Could be penis cancer or who knows what. Probably not appendix if it's been going on for a while.

mine pain was pretty mild and it only hurt if I tried to walk. I went to the hospital the same day and was in recovery that night. There's really no way for them to be sure that it's appendicitis unless they operate. And even if it's not they'll go ahead and remove it anyway. The surgeon said I had the longest appendix he'd ever seen. You know what they say about guys with long appendicies. :p

• Members
mine pain was pretty mild and it only hurt if I tried to walk. I went to the hospital the same day and was in recovery that night. There's really no way for them to be sure that it's appendicitis unless they operate. And even if it's not they'll go ahead and remove it anyway. The surgeon said I had the longest appendix he'd ever seen. You know what they say about guys with long appendicies.
:p

i had warning signs.
i went to a gastronomic guy once and had a colonoscopy
you should really get an mri though.
problem with me was that i would always make it all better with this:

CaptainMorgan.jpg

• Members

feel a little douchey bumping the thread

but just had to say thanks to all

i'm removing the computer virus i installed on all ya'lls systems

Thanks Man!

Hey Jorhay1, I'm glad you made it through that ordeal. Sounds like a close call.

• Members

in the first place, what is the use of our appendics?

The appenDIX's use(s) have not been verified or widely agreed upon in the medical field. Most importantly, you can live a normal life without one. Some research suggest that the appendix is used to act as a harbor for normal intestinal flora (bacteria) that aids in digestion. It is believed that it played a much larger role in our ancient ancestors, specifically in the digestion of plants/foliage. Through time and our change in diet, it has shrunk to make room for other more useful organs like the stomach. Other research suggest that it plays some role in immune function.

• Members

The appenDIX's use(s) have not been verified or widely agreed upon in the medical field. Most importantly, you can live a normal life without one. Some research suggest that the appendix is used to act as a harbor for normal intestinal flora (bacteria) that aids in digestion. It is believed that it played a much larger role in our ancient ancestors, specifically in the digestion of plants/foliage. Through time and our change in diet, it has shrunk to make room for other more useful organs like the stomach. Other research suggest that it plays some role in immune function.

Yeah dude, our ancesters had huge appendicies, so they didn't need no friggin' stomach.

They could also contol their hair growth with their minds. It's crazy stuff, that.

• Members

Yeah dude, our ancesters had huge appendicies, so they didn't need no friggin' stomach.

They could also contol their hair growth with their minds. It's crazy stuff, that.

That...OR...it could be that while our diet changed from scavenging for plants and few animals tht provided small meals to a more meat based diet with a more regular food source alowing for more food/meal that the appendix became less of a need than a bigger stomach.

And who CAN'T control hair growth with their mind?

• Members
Welcome to the almost died posse.
:thu:

Make sure they don't get stingy with the Morphine, their idea of pain management in the hospital usually is rather sadistic.

thanks jules

i guess as 'the new guy' i gotta pour the drinks n' {censored}

• 1 month later...
  • Members

man, thanks for the evolution, im not {censored}ting through my appendics.

Archived