can you christians explain something to me?

Double D

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this thread should be closed straight off

im open to it all, but you are so asking for trouble here...

Of course he is. He's being a troll and a dick. Isn't that plainly obvious?

My only wish is that someone find something that is personal to him, and poke holes in it and publicly ridicule him for it.

It'd be one thing to open up a discussion, but to open it up with an insult is just childish.

• Members

Pointless question. Religion is not really open to rational explanation, and anyone who tries to explain theirs is missing the point of their faith.

Not a point in religion's favor is it? :idk:

• Members

A better question might be 'why does conservative America insist on writing badly-informed and offensive "journalism" every time the scientific community does something of merit?'

On that one, I'm stumped. Who was it that told them that the scientists were on some sort of peculiar world-conquering deception quest? What have they to gain from propogating Darwinian natural selection through examination of the fossil record?

• Members

Not a point in religion's favor is it?
:idk:

I'm not religious, at all, but I have personal belief systems that are neither supported nor disproved by any quantitative data. So I reserve the right for myself and others to believe in something that can't be proven. One man's religion is fine by me up until it begins interfering with my freedom. Creationism doesn't really interfere with my freedom, at least not yet. So carry on.

• Members

A better question might be 'why does conservative America insist on writing badly-informed and offensive "journalism" every time the scientific community does something of merit?'

On that one, I'm stumped. Who was it that told them that the scientists were on some sort of peculiar world-conquering deception quest? What have they to gain from propogating Darwinian natural selection through examination of the fossil record?

^ thank you

im cool with other peoples beliefs, until they get ridiculously ignorant like this guys

• Members

truth hurts. just sayin

I know you're just trolling but...

First, many Christians accept evolution. There is not, in one view, a problem with compatibility: science tells us what, religion tells us why.

For an example of a fairly well respected Christian evolutionary biologist, look up Kenneth Miller.

In the next camp, there are fundamentalists that dismiss evolution out of hand, and don't seriously consider the arguments; these people I have no time for.

There is finally the camp that find problems with evolutionary theory as it stands, both evidentially and philosophically; Christians are not alone here though, and it might surprise you to know that not all atheists accept the theory as it stands.

There are real problems with some of the evidence and arguments being made. There are huge gaps that, it seems, most of the world just seems to accept.

But let's be perfectly clear: we all start with presuppositions; we all start with a world view. That view can change from time to time, but we all have within us "first principles" that determine what we will believe.

Don't kid yourself; don't think you are entirely open-minded and unfettered by intellectual baggage. The Christian who dismisses evolution because of his beliefs is no different that the atheist who accepts evolution because of his, fundamentally. Each is working out of a set of foundational beliefs.

• Members

i wasnt trying to troll until rush got trollfended

i was trying to get a christians point of view on why people denounce fossil facts.

also i do not understand how you can believe in evolution if you are a christian and follow the bible. no sense at all

Archived