Floridian HCFX'ers = Greatest forumites ever?

• Members
C'mon, does any state come close? California might, but they lose because its California.
:facepalm:

Given the fact that Florida is a cultural wasteland, along with being, as Homer Simpson so eloquently put it "America's wang" it is not surprising that Florida HCFX forumites spend a lot of time online.:poke:

I grew up in SW FL on Marco Island, and I moved as soon as the law would allow.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Florida is a cultural wasteland

There are more than a comfortable number of days where I have to agree with that.

But then there are days where I really do appreciate this state. For starters, it has the earliest European settlement in North America - St. Augustine. It has some of the most beautiful sub-tropical forests ever, and they are just wild enough to be adventurous for city-folk like me, but safe enough for city-folk like me to not to get eaten alive. Also, the demographics here are quite diverse - much more so than my home state - Indiana.

• Members
Given the fact that Florida is a cultural wasteland, along with being, as Homer Simpson so eloquently put it "America's wang" it is not surprising that Florida HCFX forumites spend a lot of time online.:poke:

I grew up in SW FL on Marco Island, and I moved as soon as the law would allow.

I used to go to Marco Island during my childhood for vacations and always dreamed of living there. Why would you leave there? :eek:

Only to move to the "Dirty South" :facepalm:

• Members
I used to go to Marco Island during my childhood for vacations and always dreamed of living there. Why would you leave there?
:eek:

Only to move to the "Dirty South"
:facepalm:

yeah, it's beautiful over there.

pine island FTW....

• 3 years later...
  • Members

In the grand scheme of existentialism, pointlessness is akin to nothingness, and nothing is the same as everything, so therefore those who recline to a state of pointless oblivion are the most evolved philosophically speaking. This is because blissful ignorance is a mindset in which all is accepted, and with accepting comes understanding.

The first step to wisdom is admitting you know nothing, followed by a barrage of inane internet memes, gifs, and other similar agents attempting to provide humor while remaining apathetic to the efficacy.

So yes, we are the greatest because we are nothing and everything all at once. Sit on that.

Archived