Tim or Timmy + Tubescreamer......

• Members

probably. I want one, but I don't want to shell out any more cash until I get rid of some stuff...

To OP, I met a guy that had Tim on his board and he used it with an Expandora... I'm not sure if he stacked them or not, but his tone was awesome...

• Members

Tim stacks with everything, before or after. I haven't used many overdrives which sound awesome AFTER distortion; Tim does. Bluesbreaker does, too, but that wasn't the question.

Now I'm on the list for a Timmy, too. I'm curious how they stack with eachother; the KoT is two bluesbreakers, and it sounds good (in my opinion), I bet this will too. I was getting a Tim for a friend of mine but he flaked; since I've been on the list for a month and a half now and Paul's wait is getting shorter, I figured I'd take advantage of the situation as best I could without having to flake myself, and had him switch it to a Timmy since I've already got a Tim :idk:

• Members

by stacking the screamer w/ the tim I kinda feel like something that colors your tone a little more (the screamer) might stack better.....got me thinking a nice distortion may be next in line as I don't have a good dist pedal (always have just used my jcm800...) im definately looking at the expandora now. as for the bluesbreaker....i wish i wouldve thought of that a couple days ago when GGG still had kits at 20% off!

• Members

I am really starting to bug out a bit waiting for the Timmy. Not because I think that I can't live without it... More like I ordered it in January and every time I call the date gets pushed further back. I'm not an impatient person but I am really getting antsy waiting.. ahhhh!!

• Members

I am really starting to bug out a bit waiting for the Timmy. Not because I think that I can't live without it... More like I ordered it in January and every time I call the date gets pushed further back. I'm not an impatient person but I am really getting antsy waiting.. ahhhh!!

I got antsy during the two week wait for my blem one. I can't imagine 6 months.

• Members

Pretty sure he's had a few unexpected set-backs along the way, but I understand waitlist anxiety. I just don't worry about it, personally - get on the list, make sure you've got a plan in place to have the cash when the time comes, and forget about it until you get the email/call. I'm on the Openhaus list but it's so far off that I don't feel at all like I'm supposed to be anticipating something, it's just more of a mental note and knowing that I'll need to make sure I'm in a position to buy it when it's ready.

I mean, let's face it, nearly every boutique pedal is a relative luxury and we're not hurting without them. I'll be stoked when my Openhaus is in my hands but in the meantime I'm making music and still inspired by my sound.

• Members

Oh, I just mean the circuit. I haven't owned an actual Marshall Bluesbreaker. It has a less pronounced midrange hump compared to the Tubescreamer, but it also doesn't have a strongly Marshall-sounding distortion or frequency profile like the Guv'nor. To use a word which is much maligned by usually well-intentioned folks, it's a pretty transparent overdrive in that it allows a lot of the timbre of your instrument and the characteristics of whatever's before it come through without imposing a strong profile of its own, a characteristic of pedals which sound good AFTER other dirt instead of just before it. As far as what you stack with it, well, you stack what you have, if it sounds good :)

Archived