Fuzz Factory tone control project.

Elazul

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does the USA Vexter have the same warranty as a handpainted?

From the ZVEX repairs link:

http://zvex.com/website/repairs.htm

"Vexter series pedals (non hand-painted) carry a 2-year non-transferrable warranty against manufacturing defects."

Hand-painted ZVEX effects have a premium price and a premium lifetime warranty.

That being said, contact me via the website if you have any problems. We are, and have always been, very flexible when it comes to warranty repair. 8^D

• 10 years later...
  • Members

Idk if anyone responded to the original complaint with an actual fix (I didn't wanna read through the whole thread to find out), but my first thought is to just wire a LP filter right before the output (volume) pot. Just maybe a 10kB pot wired as a variable resistor in series with a 10nf-47nf cap to ground may be suffiecent...this would effectively roll of highs, post gain.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here's a related question - 

I recently did a rebuild of my larger board and in a drunken stoner haze put my FF (Kanji) second in the chain after my main loop... this meant that there was an overdrive in front of it (JanRay).   The Fuzz Factory said NO THANK YOU. It did this by basically shutting down. I noticed that turning off the JanRay mitigated the issue. Obv the FF did not like being pushed by the JanRay - can anyone tell me why?  (Putting the FF 1st has completely resolved the issue and now the OD and FF play nice together)        I'd really like to know the tech reason behind it - germanium not liking a boosted signal?   Whats the math behind this. Or is there some kind of fuzz gremlin?

Archived