Digitech Jamman problem - can someone help?

Ostracized

• Members

I'm not sure if anyone else who owns this pedal has had this issue.

The input volume on the pedal often (about 50% of the time!) drops out by about 90% to barely audible. The output volume (recorded loop) is unaffected, but I cannot hear what I am playing live.

The weird thing is that this issue is on and off for no reason. It may work fine for 10 minutes and then fail for ten minutes and then work again. Resetting it does not help. I haven't damaged it to my knowledge - it is really frustrating for a $300 pedal. Any advice would be appreciated!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I usually keep my input volume bet. 1 and 2:00. In fact this gives me a BOOST:eek: any less and I almost feel like it cuts dynamics. This is something I feel about many past digitech pedals.. like magic stomp that was worse(one of the reasons I ditched it).

as for output volume less than 12:00 can be cool.

These things do have slightly wiggly knobs but not too bad. They are fun!:p

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I'm not sure if anyone else who owns this pedal has had this issue.

The input volume on the pedal often (about 50% of the time!) drops out by about 90% to barely audible. The output volume (recorded loop) is unaffected, but I cannot hear what I am playing live.

The weird thing is that this issue is on and off for no reason. It may work fine for 10 minutes and then fail for ten minutes and then work again. Resetting it does not help. I haven't damaged it to my knowledge - it is really frustrating for a $300 pedal. Any advice would be appreciated!

I have this exact problem with my jamman. Did you fix yours and if so how? thanks

• 8 years later...
  • Members

Hi all,
So I am digging up this post from the cemetary because I have the exact same problem. I always thought it was my guitar pickups which were at fault and it drove me mad, but I bought a new guitar and finally found out the hard truth, my Jam Man stereo is doing exactly that:

"The input volume on the pedal often (about 50% of the time!) drops out by about 90% to barely audible." Except for me it's 95% of the time.
Did anyone ever found a solution ?

Many thanks,

I don’t have a Jamman, but from reading the thread, I have two suggestions. First, I’d try contacting DigiTech and seeing if they have any suggestions. The second would be to check all the I/O and control pot solder joints, and clean the control potentiometers with Craig DeOxIt. From what dcooper said, it may just be due to a dirty control. 

Archived