Line 6 M9?

kriista

• Members

The guys at Line6 are killing my wallet!

I'm a M13 user, I love it, but my reality is I use probably 5% of it's capability.
This might make a lot of sense to a lot of working players. Currently, with the M13 I use only one scene, I just don't need a lot of different sounds. I could see this being more in line with guys like me who play in classic rock/blues bands.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The guys at Line6 are killing my wallet!

I'm a M13 user, I love it, but my reality is I use probably 5% of it's capability.

This might make a lot of sense to a lot of working players. Currently, with the M13 I use only one scene, I just don't need a lot of different sounds. I could see this being more in line with guys like me who play in classic rock/blues bands.

i think we're in the same boat.. i'm contemplating selling my M13 :facepalm: it'll probably need to be sooner rather than later!

• Members

I only used one scene, used maybe two-three sounds, and the looper. For not using it to half it's capabilities, I just decided sell it. The M9 looks like it was designed for people like me that didn't need the whole package of the M13. I'm eager to see the final version with all the specs.

• Members

I'm also in this boat... Use 2 sounds at the most together, one scene and not even all 12 presets....

I might go with the M9 for sure... now to sell the M13... ugh...

but if the M9 dosnt have scenes... that might be a deal breaker with only 6 presets unless there was a guitar monkey type setup.. USB?!?!

• Members

Are 'scenes' in the M13 a preset, or a bank of presets?

Either way I'd be tickled pink if it had the bottom row of DL4 looper functionality and the 3 top ones could be single stompable fx (verb, modulation, maybe dirt).

• Members

I'm also in this boat... Use 2 sounds at the most together, one scene and not even all 12 presets....

I might go with the M9 for sure... now to sell the M13... ugh...

but if the M9 dosnt have scenes... that might be a deal breaker with only 6 presets unless there was a guitar monkey type setup.. USB?!?!

Not to sound like an employee of L6 with a Non-Disclosure or anything, but I have it on good authority that the M9 will have scenes. 6 to be exact...

• Members

The best to describe it is Scenes are a group of presets or banks, in this case pedals. Each switch represents a pedal (DL4, MM4, Verbzilla, etc). In the M13 you have four rows (ABCD) and three switches each row (A1, A2, A3, B1, etc...) for a total of 12 switches. The whole group of switches are called a scene and to change scenes, in scene mode, those same 12 switches represent a scene. So you can have up to 12 scenes or 12 groupings on the M13.

Make sense? Sort of?

Hopefully this applies to the M9. If it's like this then you can have 8 "pedals" per scene and 8 scenes total. That will be more than enough IMO. Especially for me.

EDIT: According to the previous post it's 6 scenes, so I'm assuming it's 6 pedals per scene. Probably 1-3 pedals at a time depending on the specs.

• Members

I get ya. Yeah scenes would be nice, but as I mentioned, I don't know if I would use them.

I found that when I used to have rack/programmed stuff, I hardly used anything, as when the moment was happening, instead of engaging an effect, I would just make a mental note that I wanted an effect there, then forget to program it for next time, or not bother with the whole thing altogether.

• Members

Either way I'd be tickled pink if it had the bottom row of DL4 looper functionality and the 3 top ones could be single stompable fx (verb, modulation, maybe dirt).

From what I know, a 'Scene' is a preset of 4 different effects, or, 12 different 'pedalboards' with 4 effects in each scene. And any combination of effects. If you want 4 phasers at a time, you can do it. 4 delays, flangers, etc...

• Members

From what I know, a 'Scene' is a preset of 4 different effects, or, 12 different 'pedalboards' with 4 effects in each scene. And any combination of effects. If you want 4 phasers at a time, you can do it. 4 delays, flangers, etc...

Close. But a scene is a preset for 12 different effects (which you can use up to 4 effects at a time). so you have 12 effects to chose from but 4 is the limit per scene. In scene mode, you can choose 12 different scenes.

Archived