Who's using an attenuator??

Crxsh

• Members

I'm using the Mass Lite. It's fairly awesome. I've heard a lot of attenuators can mud up your tone. Not the case with this one.

The Traynor is a Bassmaster Mark II with two WGS speakers. one Reaper, and the other's a Vet30.

I really wanna turn the whole shebang into a combo amp with two Reapers though.

• Members

I had a mini mass there for a bit w/ the Vox.... it was pretty good, but it was tough to use w/ a combo amp IMO.

I'm really thinking I should get another one for this DrZ of mine though. I haven't played it live yet, but I'm positive that I'm not going to be able to crank it up much at all. This thing has great cleans..... but half the fun is having a just before breakup sound and then kicking in the Timmy or whatever for awesomeness.

• Members

Used one with my Rectoverb and Tremoverb when I had them, did wonders at getting a better sound while keeping the volume at reasonable band levels, with my Mark series amps I have no use for an attenuator.

If you have a good master volume amp you shouldn't need an attenuator.

Amps I had that an attenuator worked wonders on:
Mesa: Rectoverb, Tremoverb, Stilleto
Marshall: JCM800, JCM900, 1974x
Fender Twin reverb, Rivera Knucklehead K-Tre, Splawn Quickrod

To note, do not buy an attenuator to play any amp at bedroom levels, the best use is to use it on an amp that is already pushing some air, and driving the tubes just a bit harder.

• Members

I'm using the Mass Lite. It's fairly awesome. I've heard a lot of attenuators can mud up your tone. Not the case with this one.

The Traynor is a Bassmaster Mark II with two WGS speakers. one Reaper, and the other's a Vet30.

Is that a Traynor cab?Hint:they make much smaller 212 cabs:poke:

Super cool rig though.

• Members

I had a mini mass there for a bit w/ the Vox.... it was pretty good, but it was tough to use w/ a combo amp IMO.

I'm really thinking I should get another one for this DrZ of mine though. I haven't played it live yet, but I'm positive that I'm not going to be able to crank it up much at all. This thing has great cleans..... but half the fun is having a
just before breakup
sound and then kicking in the Timmy or whatever for awesomeness.

Crash the Airbreak works great,But you start looseing dynamics after 3 clicks.

I found my Z usualy sounds pretty F'in good even over attinuated.

If you have a combo you can get an Airbreak lite.There cheaper but no bedroom levels.

http://www.drzamps.com/brakelite.html

• Members

Is that a Traynor cab?Hint:they make much smaller 212 cabs:poke:

Super cool rig though.

Haha

I might do a 2X12 cab, but the combo aesthetic has been gettin' me lately.

The cab I have now is a "VT" brand. It's Canadian, could be an offshoot of Traynor but I can't find much info on 'em.

• Members

I've never owned an attenuator. Then again I've never lived anywhere where I've needed one. I've always cranked my higher wattage amps. Probably why I did so {censored}ty on my recent hearing test. That and all those noise shows....

Archived