The Global Hipster

seifukusha

• Members

Yes, this commercial is horrible. It's so stupid because I think her music is so great, what was the point of cheapening it like this.

would you prefer aaron neville.??

honestly, i can't see the negative. a beautiful woman, with a beautiful voice, what else would you want in a commercial.

you're all bunch of haters with bad taste in my opinion.

• Members
If I was skinny I could almost see myself dressing somewhat like a hipster.

But i'm gonna stick to jeans, band shirts and hoodies till I lose the gut.

Good idea!! :thu:

I saw this 5' 6" 250lb humanatee jiggling down the street last week wearing black, skinny, girl pants.

You'd figure with really {censored}ing tight pants there wouldn't be any jiggling... but there was. :cry:

• Members

those koreans who are into fashion dress tight.

i love it. there are a couple i hang out with at my school who wear full length wool coats during summer. but i do agree. it gets annoying. that's why i wear bellbottoms :idk:

but also to that effect- a pair of trim jeans and a flannel won't ever look out of place anywhere. now that it's in style makes it a bit more gimmicky (think readers and wingtips), but i don't think there's a place in the world you can't buy levi's and a plaid shirt.

• Members

Orangesix, defender of the hipsters.

i just don't understand what's so bad about being "hip".

i don't consider myself a hipster, not even sure what it means.

but most of the {censored} you guys make fun of, i like. so, i gotta defend it.

i think you guys who make fun of this {censored} are lame!

• Members

i agree-

everything is global now because of the internet. style follows suit. if you look down deep enough everyone does have a hallmark of their own personality.

• Members

I'm picking on you because you defend a stereotype vehemently yet go out of your way to pick on another stereotype. To me, there are a lot of things that hipsters like that are stupid. Fixed gear bikes, manpurses/messenger bikes, and records to name a few.

• Members
those koreans who are into fashion dress tight.

i love it. there are a couple i hang out with at my school who wear full length wool coats during summer. but i do agree. it gets annoying. that's why
i wear bellbottoms
:idk:

but also to that effect- a pair of trim jeans and a flannel won't ever look out of place anywhere. now that it's in style makes it a bit more gimmicky (think readers and wingtips), but i don't think there's a place in the world you can't buy levi's and a plaid shirt.

Bellbottoms? With pompadour?

:facepalm:

• Members
With a white or black shirt, that's good for a greaser type look.

If you want to go classy... a slightly worn in black suit with skinny pants, non-ironed white dress shirt, no tie, and a loosened collar is where it's at!

i wore a blue polka dot dress shirt with a grey check stripe blazer and some 501's and black boots the first day i got it cut and half the people i know didn't recognise me. just so happens that everything i used to wear that made me seem like disco stu makes me look like a cheap casanova :cool:

Archived