The Global Hipster

seifukusha

• Members

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/features/meet-the-global-scenester-hes-hip-hes-cool-hes-everywhere-894199.html

I never really liked the local fashion scene until recently I started to notice the u.s. fashion blogs really resemble japanese/korean/chinese blogs

white hitops, archetect glasses, hoodies, whatever, tis all over

Asia is hip, i just thought it annoying...but meh..

• Members

The building I work in has an ad agency filled with these wankers. Personally I'm up for a new age of sincerity, but then I'm older and live in the suburbs now. I did see Terry Richardson walking down the street the other day though which was cool. I don't know if he still does, but he used to shoot with a Yaschica T4 which is one of the best cameras I've ever owned.

• Members
https://www.adbusters.org/magazine/79/hipster.html?page=1

As hard as Adbusters has fallen off in recent years, I think you'd dig that article. See also - www.hipsterrunoff.com

I used to get pissed off about hipsters because they stood for nothing, and didn't seem to be allowed to unabashedly, unironically connect with any piece of art or music. But lately I've been convinced that the entire aesthetic is going to self destruct in another year or two. Given enough time, there's a backlash against everything. Even grunge needed to die.

• Members

https://www.adbusters.org/magazine/79/hipster.html?page=1

As hard as Adbusters has fallen off in recent years, I think you'd dig that article. See also -
www.hipsterrunoff.com

I used to get pissed off about hipsters because they stood for nothing, and didn't seem to be allowed to unabashedly, unironically connect with any piece of art or music. But lately I've been convinced that the entire aesthetic is going to self destruct in another year or two. Given enough time, there's a backlash against everything. Even grunge needed to die.

That's a nice article. It's become a cliche to hate on them, they're already done as far as I'm concerned. You're right, give it a year or two.

Where in CT are you, BTW? Up near Uconn? There's cows there.

• Members

Jesus christ, the "poor me, I'm being marketed to" whinging of all the comments left on that article leaves me feeling little to no empathy. For a fashion fad with such a propensity for appropriation they seemed to have glossed over the "tune out" chapter of history and instead dove head first to swim in the {censored}. I don't find that ironic, just lazy. In the voice of Tom Brokaw: they are truly the ball-less generation.

• Members

Hey, instead of starting a new thread, I'll just dump this here.

LOL!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

It's the fixie that just pushes it over the edge... to near parody. Incorporating the slogan, straight faced, just throws an 18 wheeler after it on the way down.

Oh, and once again... LOL!

• Members

It's the fixie that just pushes it over the edge... to near parody. Incorporating the slogan, straight faced, just throws an 18 wheeler after it on the way down.

Oh, and once again...
LOL!

what's supposed to be sooo funny about this???

are you trying to make fun of zooey?:mad::cop:

• Members
what's supposed to be sooo funny about this???

are you trying to make fun of zooey?
:mad::cop:

Come on dood, own up. This hurts and you know it. How much of a {censored}in tool do you have to be to write a {censored}ing fabric jingle, nevermind this being the most stereotypical hipster {censored} ever. You know a bunch of industry jerk offs sat around table like, "get the interns in here... what do these... uh... (squints to read memo) hiipsteeeers like?".

Um, thrift stores....
Yes, go on...
Fixies.
What?
Single gear bikes. With no brakes.
Well, that's stupid.
Well...
Oh, right... what else?
Records.
Of course. Okay, what do they act like?
Well, there's the coked-up trust-fund douche bags.
No, too edgy, we're cotton dammit.
Well, there's this Twee thing, which are some sort of delicate, woodland creatures, pixie sprites permanently stuck in a 6th grade nature camp time warp of cupcakes and crafts paste.
Perfect! Do they have some sort of spokesmen... that we can, like, buy?
There's Zooey Deschanel....
Sold!

• Members

Come on dood, own up. This hurts and you know it. How much of a {censored}in tool do you have to be to write a {censored}ing fabric jingle, nevermind this being the most stereotypical hipster {censored} ever. You know a bunch of industry jerk offs sat around table like, "get the interns in here... what do these... uh... (squints to read memo) hiipsteeeers like?".

Um, thrift stores....

Yes, go on...

Fixies.

What?

Single gear bikes. With no brakes.

Well, that's stupid.

Well...

Oh, right... what else?

Records.

Of course. Okay, what do they act like?

Well, there's the coked-up trust-fund douche bags.

No, too edgy, we're cotton dammit.

Well, there's this Twee thing, which are some sort of delicate, woodland creatures, pixie sprites permanently stuck in a 6th grade nature camp time warp of cupcakes and crafts paste.

Perfect! Do they have some sort of spokesmen... that we can, like,
buy
?

There's Zooey Deschanel....

Sold!

your angst is dumb.

Archived