If the Tim/Timmy aren't for Fender Amps, what pedals are?

cleverbastid

• Members

How does Timmy stack with fuzz pedals? I've been long time searching for a nice OD-fuzz combination, didn't find it yet.

They stack well, one of their strong suites as I recall. Same with the Barbershop, loves to stack with other pedals, especially fuzz.

• Members

Realllllly.

That's not good. I kinda wanted a Honey Bee and I don't run dirty amps too much.

With me running a clean 20 watt 2x6L6 amp, the HBOD thickens the sound with the gain pretty much up there. A 'thickener' is the best way I can describe the HBOD to me. Something like a Barber Ltd or the Fairfield Barbershop is more of your typical lower gain overdrive ie. will get a bit gnarly. The HBOD doesn't do that. I can see why Teahead likes his HBOD as I can imagine it goes really well with his AC30TBX. It's a unique pedal, I'll say that, and the sort of pedal I might find a use for in the future. It makes a clean/slighty distorted tone sound fatter.

You might find it's a better pedal with single coils. I only have humbucker guitars and some pedals don't suit humbuckers. For example, the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 couldn't get trebly enough for me, way too woolly, but I could see it being perfect for a Tele or Strat.

• Members

Hell I'd never even heard the fender thing mentioned much (if at all) until Paul talked about it when discussing a newer Tim/Timmy.

Now it seems to get mentioned in every thread.

Yeah i never heard it mentioned untill about July....

In fact some people (on TGP :p) went from really likin' the Timmy/Tim with their blackface Fenders and their re-issue blackface fenders, to selling them and complaining about it and getting TS style pedals, and Mad Professor LGW's and SHOD's.......:facepalm:

• Members

timmy into clean works great.

timmy into gainy amp works great.

i dont know why paulc insists on explaining how he meant it for dirty amps over and over causing incorrect assumptions with how the pedal acts with more fender like amps.... in FACT i like its response with clean amps approaching od better than i do with really dirty amps....

great {censored}ing pedal

also, if you want something great but different, the screwdriver IS where its at broseph...

Archived