If the Tim/Timmy aren't for Fender Amps, what pedals are?

cleverbastid

• Members

There is a Timmy for Fenders version coming out. The main issue with the Timmy/Tim is when using a clean amp, I don't think it has to be a clean Fender amp, although typically that's what seems to be used. But the Timmy is meant to be used on an amp that is already a bit dirty. Use your DRRI that way? If so, it's probably fine.

I dunno, I didn't jive with my Tim, I didn't like how the gain and bass controls worked together.

I actually like the MI Audio Blues Pro a fair amount. Seems to like a clean amp a lot, and as long as I don't take the gain past 2 oclock, it doesn't get too compressed sounding. Adds some nice bite overall.

The Fairfield Barbershop is pretty cool, especially if you use single coils. Definitely not like other overdrive pedals.

And if you have the coin, the Keeler Design Pull (low gain) and Push (medium gain) are some of the best overdrives out there, period.

Zendrive, possibly. I use Fender amps often, and the Timmy was pretty fizzy with them. Sounded better with a Vox. :idk:

Tubescreamer types usually sound great with Fender amps, in my experience. The BYOC OD2 Mosfet is a Fulldrive clone I think...? Which is a tubescreamer I think...? The OD2 sounds pretty awesome through the Twin - doesn't get into very high gain territory, but it gets a good not-fizzy grind going.

I'm using that Dumkudo Twin thing now - Zendrive-ish setting on one side for clean boost, Tubescreamer-ish setting on the other (BEFORE the Zendrive side) for overdrive with a capitial O. Sounds awesome through any of my amps.

• Members

Supposedly. I really dug the timmy through my DRRI but have since sold both. Might be in the market for new dirt. Looking into switching up my Fuzz.

I have no clue.

I reckon the whole Timmy/Fender thing is exaggerated through the roof.

Someone people just don't know how to dial things in properly :idk:

I think the Timmy/Tim are both awesome pedals. If your switching out the fuzz, i would also suggest a Skreddy Screwdriver.

• Members

Maybe I've been mislead, but I thought the tim/timmy were generally thought to not work well with fender guitars. I heard somewhere that the new version would work better with single coils, not fenderish amps.

• Members

I reckon the whole Timmy/Fender thing is exaggerated through the roof.

Someone people just don't know how to dial things in properly
:idk:

I agree. I only have Fender-style amps and one of those is a solid state Fender Yale. The Tim sounds great with all of them. After borrowing the HBOD this week from Teahead, I'd say that the HBOD needs a dirty amp far more than the Tim does in order to sound good.

I agree. I only have Fender-style amps and one of those is a solid state Fender Yale. The Tim sounds great with all of them. After borrowing the HBOD this week from Teahead, I'd say that the HBOD needs a dirty amp far more than the Tim does in order to sound good.

Realllllly.

That's not good. I kinda wanted a Honey Bee and I don't run dirty amps too much.

• Members

Clark Gainster. It's just like a timmy that isn't so hard sounding. It has a little more "sag" but it is still very neutral in color and it sounds just like a cranked fender. Both the Timmy and Gainster have this quality, and I would describe the sound difference between the two as being similar to that between a solid state and tube rectifier.

Archived