Tech 21 Character Pedals VS Sansamp GT2

gidude73

• Members

I'm a little curious too, and I haven't seen any direct comparisons on Youtube.

Although, I do have a British. I like that it has a mid range knob and the character control allows me to get glassy cleans, as well as, of course, some nice crunch and high gain tones. That makes it really versatile for direct recording, and I can't see the GT2 being significantly nicer sounding or more versatile. I really don't like the British in front of an amp though.... I think it's the amp simulation that colors things too much for my tastes, whereas a few bands I like, I believe, have used the GT2 as a stompbox (fwiw).

• 8 years later...
  • Members

Folks at gearpage.net unanimously favor the Character Series over the GT-2. One called it a jack of all trades, master of none, and several described the GT-2 as "grainy." Folks both at gearpage and tdpri.com have also said you can get more cleans with some of the Character Series boxes, especially the Blonde and Liverpool boxes.

• Members
Folks at gearpage.net unanimously favor the Character Series over the GT-2. One called it a jack of all trades' date=' master of none, and several described the GT-2 as "grainy." Folks both at gearpage and tdpri.com have also said you can get more cleans with some of the Character Series boxes, especially the Blonde and Liverpool boxes.[/quote']

Fossil thread. I have a GT2. Biggest complaint is you can't shut off the speaker circuitry.

Archived