Sign in to follow this  
drasp

NGD: A-serial MIJ '62 Telecaster 'TLC62b'

Ho-ho-ho. I like this one a LOT. I like it better than the CAR w/ Bigsby that I briefly had, its lighter, the rosewood is WAY darker, pickups (Manlius '51 Nocasters, wound by the previous owner) are better & it FEELS like a 25yr old guitar, b/c it is. Not quite as 'spot on' as my Antigua. Thinner neck, stock saddles were too small + the grub screws & intonation screws were far too long, but the rest of it is fantastic. I've already swapped the stock saddles for the brass Callahams that used to be on the Antigua & used the guitar Sat. night for a gig. Performed flawlessly, like a good Tele oughta' should. Who else here is rocking an old JV/E/A MIJ guitar?

This one may be a keeper. . .

mij_62_tele_a.JPG

mij_62_tele_b.JPG

mij_62_tele_c.JPG

mij_62_tele_d.JPG

mij_62_tele_e.JPG

mij_62_tele_f.JPG

And finally, a gratuitous gig shot w/ other HCFX Brother, 'onerailunder' and his fan-freaking-tastic 620:

dorks.JPG

The ratio of talent to gear awesomeness in our band is kind of horrific. Oh well. :D

very nice man :thu: im trying to possibly sell my airline or trade towards a 62 RI i just love that double bound body :love:

that is nice, double bound? used? how much?

I did a straight trade w/ a member of TGP (ManliusGuitar, the maker of Manlius pickups). Great guy. He got my CAR Tele:

car_tele.JPG

just f*ckin with ya, man
:cop:

Well YEAH! Thats how I took it. I mean, how else COULD I take it? I'm obviously super-awesome looking in my Dad jeans & boat shoes. . . :lol:

idk, the CAR tele is awesome, but i think im digging the black a lot more. maybe the bigsby is throwing me off? the darker rosewood is so much sexier too.

Good stuff man! That tele is hawt
:love:

Email me back :poke:

I KNOW! Sorry for the *delay*. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. Is there a chance you sent yours w/o a return label? I got a bunch in last week & still need to sort through & figure whos is whos. . . I'll get back w/ you ASAP.

Also - re: the Bigsby, I miss it, but I was thinking the CAR would be an 'only' Tele & that I'd sell both my G&L + the Antigua, but the Antigua was the better guitar. Then thought I'd let the CAR go for something else,. . .until I saw this one & snagged it w/o a 2nd thought. Might keep the Antigua & this one - one w/ rosewood, one maple, one w/ nickle saddles, one brass, one high output pups, the other low, etc. I think the Antigua edges this one out just a tiny bit on the build quality, but the looks of this one are just over-the-top IMO.

Can't help myself but post a few pix from last weekend's "Rock 'n' Roll Swap Meet VII" Gig - our largest show by a fair margin (shared the bill w/ 6 other bands), ~400people. Best thing about the show? We went on @ 3:30p & it was outdoors so no reason not to bring my Son - first time he's seen me play out. :lol:

Me looking like a big dork w/ my fine-ass guitar:

IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG