Interesting sidestep around ebay negative seller feedback

• Members

So I won an auction for a set of Elka DMP-18 MIDI bass pedals and promptly send the seller a USPS money order.

Three weeks go by, have not received the pedals yet. Seller's phone number is on auction page, so I reached him. He said they were shipped the week before.

They arrived - DOA.

I found and repaired a busted power supply transformer and got it working.

When I went back to leave negative feedback - the auction was gone. No trace of it.

This is no coincidence because he has older auctions that are still up.

Seller ID is "archtopbiker", he also runs a store at http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.aspx?id=567968&styleid=12&rlid=0

• Members

You sent a money order to an ebay seller with no Ebay/PayPal protection.

Consider yourself lucky you got anything, DOA or not.

But you can report the seller for Feedback Manipulation. It's against Ebay's policy for sellers to do that. They will probably pull his account, which will be a much worse consequence for him than your negative feedback. I've found that Ebay generally responds according to their policy for legitimate complaints, after they have a chance to investigate it.

• Members

So I won an auction

When I went back to leave negative feedback - the auction was gone. No trace of it.

This is no coincidence because he has older auctions that are still up.

A Seller has no ability to alter how long an auction is available for viewing if the auction is completed. All archiving is done by eBay based on their own archiving rules.

Did you delete the "Won" auction from your "my eBay"? Normally, unless you delete it you can see the auction within my eBay for 45 days after the auction ended.

In "my eBay" in the "My eBay Views" column on the left hand side, go to "My Account -- Feedback". If you click on "Feedback" you should see a list of "items Awaiting Feedback".

Also, if you know the Item Number you can search on it.

Bottom line, you should be able to leave feedback. If you can't find the item I would contact eBay help.

• Members

Hey Real MC, thanks for posting this. Archtopbiker has a second set listed on Ebay and I sent some questions about the pedals.

Haven't received an answer, I was just researching the DMP-18 and stumbled on your post through Google after I sent my questions.

As of 6.20.08 I don't see any negative feedback for archtopbiker, did you two resolve something?

thank you,

Matt

• Members

I haven't gotten back to him or left feedback, but that new auction appears to be the same pictures. One of the pics shows the serial #, I will confirm if it matches mine and report back. FWIW, he did pick up the phone when I called him a few weeks ago and he seemed legit.

• Members

It's funny, I spent for ever trying to get my status up to 98% positive, it was like 97.5 for a while. I finally came within 3 positives of doing that (and this took me a long time) and ebay finally come to their dang senses and somehow took away those negatives from the illegitimates, so now I have 100%. Thats my story, and it felt like a long journey. Tired of ebay junk.

Archived