South Park Season 14

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a funny idea for an episode, but I just didn't find it all that funny. I think South Park has lost a lot over the past few years. It's becoming more formulaic and predictable, and that's the kiss of death for comedy. Still, I doubt it will never be as formulaic, predictable, and overall stupid as Family Guy.

• Members

Then why do they poke at liberals much more than conservatives? They're said before that they hate conservatives, but they REALLY hate liberals.

quit crying. you sound like a 10 year old.."but its not fair"

boohoo

• Members

The biggest problem I think is often everything is just a joke to them. Everyone is stupid, everything is hopeless, and they don't seem to care. They also often brush off issues like the environment and alcoholism for easy one liners that dumb down complex issues, which I could see as being anti-intellectual (the whole Richard Dawkins thing was spot on though).

However, they always have at least a nugget of truth, and their best episodes are wittier and more enjoyable than the last. Props to them. Also, agreed, the boys being boys and Randy Marsh episodes are the best.

As for liberals, less people intelligently take them on in mainstream comedy, so they're more prime of a target. I'd also venture to say they are more embarrassed by association, since they often sympathize with their side.

As for Family Guy, they actually have some rather intelligent moments if you watch closely, and I welcome all the childish, "shocking" un-PC humor along with it. I applaud them for making good use of their popularity and telling whatever joke they feel like. If Seth has a Liberal axe to grind, so be it. The logic against things like pot prohibition and gay marriage are so stupid they deserve to be ragged on endlessly, and the fact it's aired on Fox is icing on the cake.

The problem is the manatee bits. On their own they're usually funny, but it becomes a really tired gag after they do it over and over in a single episode. Watch any episode where they have only one or two of those things, and they're magically better.

i'm totally stoned i have to stop hearing TPATGOD to see it, which is kinda bad. but i have to. it's a quest.

Dude, Have You Got It Yet? If not, you're in for a treat. Interstellar Overdrive 1966 FTMFW!

• Members
i've known Piper for years
:p

I'm not sure if you understood me, but HYGIY is a bootleg collection of all the out takes, live stuff, and unreleased material involving Syd Barrett. Highlights are the 1966 version of Interstellar Overdrive, Vegetable Man, and the epic Copenhagen concert bootleg. Don't worry about the whole thing, just get disks 1-4 (the rest is remixes, covers, and images), and make sure it's the re-release with better sound.

• Members

The biggest problem I think is often everything is just a joke to them. Everyone is stupid, everything is hopeless, and they don't seem to care. They also often brush off issues like the environment and alcoholism for easy one liners that dumb down complex issues, which I could see as being anti-intellectual (the whole Richard Dawkins thing was spot on though).

However, they always have at least a nugget of truth, and their best episodes are wittier and more enjoyable than the last. Props to them. Also, agreed, the boys being boys and
Randy Marsh episodes are the best.

As for liberals, less people intelligently take them on in mainstream comedy, so they're more prime of a target. I'd also venture to say they are more embarrassed by association, since they often sympathize with their side.

As for Family Guy, they actually have some rather intelligent moments if you watch closely, and I welcome all the childish, "shocking" un-PC humor along with it. I applaud them for making good use of their popularity and telling whatever joke they feel like. If Seth has a Liberal axe to grind, so be it. The logic against things like pot prohibition and gay marriage are so stupid they deserve to be ragged on endlessly, and the fact it's aired on Fox is icing on the cake.

The problem is the manatee bits. On their own they're usually funny, but it becomes a really tired gag after they do it over and over in a single episode. Watch any episode where they have only one or two of those things, and they're magically better.

Dude, Have You Got It Yet? If not, you're in for a treat. Interstellar Overdrive 1966 FTMFW!

I can get behind this. Randy is the most hilarious character ever. The little league episode where he fights someone every game is amazing.

• Members

Watch any episode where they have only one or two of those things, and they're magically better.

Is there such a thing? I'm a pretty big Family Guy fan, at least I used to be, and I don't think I've seen an episode with less than 5 in an episode.

• Members

just watched the new episode and didn't like it.
is was a mix of the randy marsh alcoholism episode and the money curing AIDS one.
IMHO it's been going downhill since season 10 (which is coincidently the same time that isaac hayes quit).
they seem to be just recycling the same stuff all the time and whenever they poke fun at whatever they're poking fun at in that episode it's too obvious and provocative rather than funny like it used to be.
i did laugh at the tiger woods videogame the first time. but when they repeated it five times throughout the episode it stopped being funny :facepalm:
maybe i'm just growing out of it :idk:

Archived