South Park Season 14

• Members

yea, both matt and trey call themselves center-right. They hate both the extreme left and right wing equally.

Then why do they poke at liberals much more than conservatives? They're said before that they hate conservatives, but they REALLY hate liberals.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's because they're repubs leaning centrist. They always take a jab at liberals, and only once every 10 eps at cons/repubs. Equal Opportunities my ass. Why don't they take a jab at liberatarians then?

I just can't stand how big a fanbase it has with people who you'd think would avoid right wing nutjobbery when it contains a lot of it. It really isn't any better than Family Guy like some people act - at least Family Guy focuses on some kind of "Humour" over politics.

There seems to be this idea(especially due to the Internets generation) that the more potty mouth and nastier stab at humour tends to "win" the argument, which pisses me off.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. South Park does tend to make fun of left-wingers more than right-wingers, but I think they do a pretty good job of calling people out when it's deserved on both sides, and they also have a fair amount of episodes that aren't politically based at all, where they're just poking fun at a particular topic in pop-culture. Take, for example, the Guitar Hero episode. It was hilarious, just for the way it made fun of that whole sub-culture, and it didn't have any political over or undertones.

On the other hand, I can't remember the last time I turned on an episode of Family Guy that wasn't trying to push Seth MacFarlane's political opinions. Every episode I've recently turned on has been about legalizing pot, or allowing gay marriage, or global warming, or something along those lines, and if the episode isn't centered around that, there are always plenty of jabs in there about how everything wrong in the world is the fault of the conservatives. I've never once seen that show poke fun at the left-wing, and after awhile, I stopped watching Family Guy, just because it seemed like he was just recycling jokes, and trying to take every opportunity he could to make sure the world knew his political views. I just prefer my TV shows to take on some more light-hearted issues sometimes, instead of always trying to prove a political point every episode.

So while neither show makes fun of both sides equally (which I really think may be impossible), I just find South Park to be far less biased, and politically based than Family Guy. I mean, if you look at the election episode, South Park did a pretty good job of making fun of the liberals for thinking Obama was going to be some sort of savior, and making fun of the conservatives for thinking the world would end the second Obama was elected. I'm sure the Family Guy equivalent episode would have only contained the portion making fun of the conservatives.

Nothing wrong with either show. It all comes down to personal taste, and what you like to watch, but I just don't see it the same way that you do.

• Members

So while neither show makes fun of both sides equally (which I really think may be impossible), I just find South Park to be far less biased, and politically based than Family Guy.

The problem is that you're making the common mistake of putting american liberals and conservatives at the opposite end of the political spectrum - in reality american moderates would be somewhat conservatives by western european standards.

Issues like gay marriage and global warming are common sense in many countries - it's nowhere "extreme left".

The issue here is that at least Family Guy jabs are somewhat "Educated" - Matt and Trey are anti-intellectual pricks. The episodes on atheism, transsexualism and alcoholism contained some of the most shockingly ignorant ideas I've seen outside of Fox News.

Also, a lot of Family Guy episodes do make fun of more than one side - for example the Lesbian episode with Meg did poke fun at stereotypical lesbians and posers.

• Members
Yeah, I do love Archer. Great new show, and I'm pissed more people don't watch it, because it's probably going to get canceled I would guess. I loved the Hindenburg 2.0 episode.
:lol:

I was making a list of my favorite tv shows that got cancelled before their prime.
All of them were on fox/fx :facepalm:

Hopefully cartoon network or comedy central will pick it up.

• Members

Best episodes are when the boys are being boys with a little hint of over the top. Think they get caught up in the 'we can do an episode in 3 days, so heres what was on the news last night!' too often.

Far as Family Guy knowing what humor is.....uh, are we watching the same Family Guy?

• Members

kind of a weak season opener. it was okay.

Agreed. It wasn't anything spectacular, but the first episode of the second half of last season was very "meh" as well. The Dead Celebrities episode? Didn't do much for me, but Butter's Bottom Bitch was the next episode, and it was one of the best South Park episodes I've ever seen, so who knows what'll happen next? South Park has been pretty hit-or-miss recently, but it never seems terrible when it misses, because there are at least a few laughs to be had.

• Members

i thought archer ended last week?

second season of archer has been confirmed already.

i thought sp was pretty good as far as the newer ones go. nothing will beat the early years.

family guy sucks. end of discussion

what happened to jimbo and ned? the football episode where they try and strap a bomb to the other teams mascot was epic

• Members

The issue here is that at least Family Guy jabs are somewhat "Educated" - Matt and Trey are anti-intellectual pricks. The episodes on atheism, transsexualism and alcoholism contained some of the most shockingly ignorant ideas I've seen outside of Fox News.

Also, a lot of Family Guy episodes do make fun of more than one side - for example the Lesbian episode with Meg did poke fun at stereotypical lesbians and posers.

Ok, this is where I have to draw the line. If you attack South Park but defend Family Guy, you are officially a tool. Family Guy is fast, easy, toilet humour. It is nothing more than the McDonald's of {censored} television programming. Hey Seth MacFarlane, you're SOOOO funny when you make fun of cancer patients, please do it more often! Also, Matt and Trey are anti-intellectual for what reason? Illustrating some neutral perspectives on issues or for exemplifying how stupid certain aspects of North American culture truly is? How can you think South Park has ignorant ideas when Seth MacFarlane just {censored}s out Burger King ads in every other Family Guy episode. Also, notice how no ethnic groups are able to speak English without their respective/stereotypical accents? Real progressive Seth MacFarlane...

• Members

Ok, this is where I have to draw the line. If you attack South Park but defend Family Guy, you are officially a tool. Family Guy is fast, easy, toilet humour. It is nothing more than the McDonald's of {censored} television programming. Hey Seth MacFarlane, you're SOOOO funny when you make fun of cancer patients, please do it more often! Also, Matt and Trey are anti-intellectual for what reason? Illustrating some neutral perspectives on issues or for exemplifying how stupid certain aspects of North American culture truly is? How can you think South Park has ignorant ideas when Seth MacFarlane just {censored}s out Burger King ads in every other Family Guy episode. Also, notice how no ethnic groups are able to speak English without their respective/stereotypical accents? Real progressive Seth MacFarlane...

Truth'd

Archived