South Park Season 14

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are just certain things that they touch upon that hit close to home over & over again, and it always makes me smile.

The wrestling episode was epic to a kid who grew up a wrestling fan in the 80s/early 90s.

it really hit home for me too, when I was a 16 year old girl I was extremely addicted to abortions

• Members

Even when they miss with an episode, I'm usually pleased, as at least one thing probably caught my eye during.
There's a definite shift in direction as they've (Matt & Trey) gotten older, much less child-like humor. The show started as something kind of filthy for teens to watch, now as their audience has grown both in number & in age, the show has shifted to try & strike points that the viewers are familiar with or frustrated with.

• Members

They just seem to pluck old Daily Show jokes for their episodes nowadays.

The "make 6 episodes, go away for 5 months, make another 7 episodes" format of South Park doesn't lend itself to ripping on current events
A Tiger Woods episode would have been funny 4 months ago.

• Members

They just seem to pluck old Daily Show jokes for their episodes nowadays.

The "make 6 episodes, go away for 5 months, make another 7 episodes" format of South Park doesn't lend itself to ripping on current events

A Tiger Woods episode would have been funny 4 months ago.

No, it's all in how they make their shows.

South Park is done in Flash, basically. They could pop out an episode in a week. They did this with the last election episode.

The simpsons is written months in advance, storyboarded, sent to Korea, drawn, filmed, sent back over to sit on a shelf for a month or two and is then aired.

One of those processes lends itself to current events. The other doesn't.

• Members

No, it's all in how they make their shows.

South Park is done in Flash, basically. They could pop out an episode in a week. They did this with the last election episode.

The simpsons is written months in advance, storyboarded, sent to Korea, drawn, filmed, sent back over to sit on a shelf for a month or two and is then aired.

One of those processes lends itself to current events. The other doesn't.

yea, it takes them one week from initial conception to final airing to make one. I really wish they did more episodes a year. 14 is ridiculous.

• Members

The episodes are best when the boys are being boys and the humor is subtle, as in not bashing you over the head repeatedly screaming "Get it? Get it?"

The topical pop culture/political episodes usually suck, which is pretty much what tonights episode is.

Yes, they're pretty awful. South Park's popularity actually irks me more than a bit, as I don't think people realise how mean spirited/incompetent some of the views expressed are. It's much better when it's being funny instead of preachy.

The idea of what's called a "South Park conservative" is honestly a bit sickening, and I can't stand a lot of the {censored} modern libertarians come out with either.

• Members

South Park doesn't seem to seem to be all that liberal. They have poked fun at Obama, and Hillary and Bill Clinton. I don't remember them putting people like Bush or Limbaugh on the skewer.

Max

That's because they're repubs leaning centrist. They always take a jab at liberals, and only once every 10 eps at cons/repubs. Equal Opportunities my ass. Why don't they take a jab at liberatarians then?

I just can't stand how big a fanbase it has with people who you'd think would avoid right wing nutjobbery when it contains a lot of it. It really isn't any better than Family Guy like some people act - at least Family Guy focuses on some kind of "Humour" over politics.

There seems to be this idea(especially due to the Internets generation) that the more potty mouth and nastier stab at humour tends to "win" the argument, which pisses me off.

• Members

I just can't stand how big a fanbase it has with people who you'd think would avoid right wing nutjobbery when it contains a lot of it. .

If South Park is Right Wing Nutjobbery...

...you're doing it wrong

Archived