In 5 and a half hours, I'm going to pull the plug on this place

jrkirkish

• Members

arse(hole)nist?

I don't know if god exists, but I do know one thing: If he does, god is a {censored}ing asshole.

If you think about this, it makes perfect sense. If somebody goes around violating our moral codes and social standards, they're considered an asshole. Do you know what these moral codes and social standards are based on? Reciprocity. Just think about what a being who lives outside time and space could do to anyone here on earth. Really, all the atoms in your body could lose cohesion at any moment, merely on god's whim. You could get a flat tire on the ride home from work today, merely on god's whim. Here's the thing, though: you can't do a thing about it. What are you going to do to god? Punch him in the face? I think he'll see that coming. Are you going to sue him? Please.

If our moral codes and social standards are how we define an asshole, and god has no reason to follow these codes and standards, why we he be nice? God is a morally ambiguous asshole. Don't tell me you wouldn't do crazy, random {censored} to random people if you were omniscient and had unlimited power to move everything from galaxies to grains of sand. You'd be a {censored}ing asshole too if you had god's powers.

• Members

I don't know if god exists, but I do know one thing: If he does, god is a {censored}ing asshole.

If you think about this, it makes perfect sense. If somebody goes around violating our moral codes and social standards, they're considered an asshole. Do you know what these moral codes and social standards are based on? Reciprocity. Just think about what a being who lives outside time and space could do to anyone here on earth. Really, all the atoms in your body could lose cohesion at any moment, merely on god's whim. You could get a flat tire on the ride home from work today, merely on god's whim. Here's the thing, though: you can't do a thing about it. What are you going to do to god? Punch him in the face? I think he'll see that coming. Are you going to sue him? Please.

If our moral codes and social standards are how we define an asshole, and god has no reason to follow these codes and standards, why we he be nice? God is a morally ambiguous asshole. Don't tell me you wouldn't do crazy, random {censored} to random people if you were omniscient and had unlimited power to move everything from galaxies to grains of sand. You'd be a {censored}ing asshole too if you had god's powers.

if God is unable to prevent evil, he is not omnipotent

if God is not willing to prevent evil, he is not good

if God is willing and able to prevent evil, then why is there evil?

Archived