The Offical Fantasty World Cup Thread.

melx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Only watched the 2nd half, but I have to say that the South Africans played some cracking football at times. The goal was marvellous, what a counter attack!

It's a shame that I'm too late to join the Fantasy League :freak:

• Members

I don't mind, I'll just take the 8 points for now
;)
Any goals scored by defenders is a massive bonus
:thu:

Seriously... putting those 8 in my pocket, now hoping Gallas can get me 8 more! :thu:

Surprised not many picked Dempsey. I think he's going to have a strong showing, he's playing very confidently right now. Oh well... more p(o)ints for me!

• Members

Only watched the 2nd half, but I have to say that the South Africans played some cracking football at times. The goal was marvellous, what a counter attack!

It's a shame that I'm too late to join the Fantasy League
:freak:

your not :thu:

The competition is now underway and all completed teams have now been frozen.

If you did not complete your team by 15:00 UK Local Time (14:00 GMT), or still wish to register for the competition, you can still do so but you will not be credited with any of the points awarded to players in the games that have already kicked off.

Thank you for your patience over the last few days - now let the games begin!!!

so register now but just don't pick any SA or mexican players ;)

• Members

Seriously... putting those 8 in my pocket, now hoping Gallas can get me 8 more!

Surprised not many picked Dempsey. I think he's going to have a strong showing, he's playing very confidently right now. Oh well... more p(o)ints for me!

Yeah, I have Gallas too :thu: I think we have similar thought processes, i.e. pick players with decent goal threat to get the bonus goals :lol:

• Members

Yeah, I have Gallas too
I think we have similar thought processes, i.e. pick players with decent goal threat to get the bonus goals
:lol:

Yeah, out of the people who've "outed" their teams, you're the most similar to me. Working so far... see you in the finals?? :lol:

• Members

Sack The Manager
has almost the exact same lineup as me, all the same countries, but just two players are different. A couple other close ones, but not this close. Looks like it will be me and him neck-in-neck at the end...

That's my team :thu:

Our selections were even closer - I changed Robben for Sneijder due to the fact that Robben is so injury prone.

My team:

Gianluigi Buffon

Philip Lahm

Nemanja Vidic

Simon Kjaer

Patrice Evra

Wesley Sneijder

Kaka

Cristiano Ronaldo

Lionel Messi

David Villa

Wayne Rooney

• Members

That could be because most of us have gone for goalscoring midfielders... or have Villa/Torres in the team.

yep! Xavi or Iniesta are great midfielder, but usually Villa does a {censored}load of goals!

is impressive:eek:

• Members

Baller.

BTW - you can see people's teams on the league page by clicking their team name!!

I know, I've been looking at other people's line-ups. I have to say I'm shocked that only me and Ram It Home have gone for Luis Fabiano as their Brazil pick. He's got by far the best goal scoring record (25 goals in 38 games) of the world's number one team. That's two goals every three games, Kaka has 27 goals in 78 games (almost one in three).

BTW, who is Palm Trees? I love your team :love::lol:

• Members

your not

The competition is now underway and all completed teams have now been frozen.

If you did not complete your team by 15:00 UK Local Time (14:00 GMT), or still wish to register for the competition, you can still do so but you will not be credited with any of the points awarded to players in the games that have already kicked off.

Thank you for your patience over the last few days - now let the games begin!!!

so register now but just don't pick any SA or mexican players
;)

oh bollocks, I closed the league earlier, I figured I'd given everyone enough notice to join.. :facepalm:

Zoidberg, gimme a mo and I'll see if I can re-open it or something....

Archived