melx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hmmm.....squad picked

we all have messi right?
:lol:

I don't know if that's a good idea... he's not the same player for Argentina as he is for Barcelona. His strike rate for the national team is less than one in three, and I think he's only scored once (which was in a friendly) in the last year...

• Members

Kaka and Messi are injured. Remove them from your team, before it's too late
;)

Seriously though, anyone risk taking Drogba in their team?

I decided not to risk Drogba, its not like Ivory Coast is getting out of its group anyway.

• Members

Here's my permutation. A lot of 2nd a 3rd group spots are 50/50's but I'm expecting the quarter-finals to resemble my prediction; any team who doesn't make it will be a "shock" exit. Oh, and I'm giving a positive spin on the final...

wc_2010_permutation.gif

I agree with most of your predictions, except Chile and Uruguay, no way they are getting out, but who knows. Mexico and South Africa definitely have a better chance then Uruguay, and Switzerland will be the one replacing Chile. Pretty good otherwise. :)

• Members

I don't know if that's a good idea... he's not the same player for Argentina as he is for Barcelona. His strike rate for the national team is less than one in three, and I think he's only scored once (which was in a friendly) in the last year...

hmmm might swap him out then...

anyone else take a chance on sorensen?

• Members

I am definitely keeping Messi, even if he has been known to underperform, he is young and past experiences really do not have much precedence on how he might perform now because he is still young and has a lot he can still prove. There is no doubt that he is extremely talented, and with three slots for strikers, there is no way he is not a top three choice, maybe he might be replaced if there was only two choices, but with three, he must stay. But its your life, so you go ahead and ruin it how you like. :)

• Members

no no and no, I don't even know who these people are you talk about but I haven't picked any of them!

my 3 forwards are Germany, Spain, Netherlands

my 3 midfielders are England, Argentina, Brazil

that's all i'm sayin' ;)

• Members

what goaly did people go for, it was tough to pick from what was left for me.

I started with goalie, and that made it an easy pick. :thu: My mids and strikers are basically the same countries except for one, and a slightly different mix.

• Members

last bump before kick off....... get those teams finalised, because that's what you'll be stuck with until after the first round. :)

...I'm dreading someone I've picked won't even play. :facepalm:

• Members

last bump before kick off....... get those teams finalised, because that's what you'll be stuck with until after the first round.
:)

...I'm dreading someone I've picked won't even play.
:facepalm:

Drogba/Torres??

Hopefully it's not Ballack :lol:

• Members

Site seems to be down. There goes any chance of last minute changes

I'm OK with my picks though
:thu:

odd, I'm on it right now.... it's a little slow but nothing more than that.

Archived