The Offical Fantasty World Cup Thread.

melx

• Members
Self-doubt is always justified for England fans
:(

With our defense playing as it is... gotta see this as a draw at best for the USA. I'm a bit wary of how Rooney might cut us up.

BTW - you, me, and Melx are completely taking over this thread right now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
With your optimism and my innate pessimism, we're destined for glorious mid-tableness
;)

I think it's going to be really really close after all the first games have been played, unless someone does score 3 or 4 goals.

• Members
I think it's going to be really really close after all the first games have been played, unless someone does score 3 or 4 goals.

Yeah, people mostly have the same kind of selections (except Palm Trees :lol:).

I'm personally hoping Luis Fabiano bangs in a load of goals for Brazil as everyone else seems to have Kaka

• Members
With our defense playing as it is... gotta see this as a draw at best for the USA. I'm a bit wary of how Rooney might cut us up.

BTW - you, me, and Melx are completely taking over this thread right now.

Think the USA game will be the game of the group. Let's hope for an entertaining and open game :thu:

• Members

The Korea-Greece game just shows what a load of bollocks the FIFA ranking system are. Greece 13th and Korea 47th is a joke, should be the other way around. FIFA has always been heavily weighted towards Europe and the Americas and give little credit to Asia and the Oceana regions, even though countries like Korea, Japan and Australia dominate those regions, and should be higher than they are. I'm just gutted I swapped Park Ji Sung out the last minute :(

• Members
The Korea-Greece game just shows what a load of bollocks the FIFA ranking system are. Greece 13th and Korea 47th is a joke, should be the other way around. FIFA has always been heavily weighted towards Europe and the Americas and give little credit to Asia and the Oceana regions, even though countries like Korea, Japan and Australia dominate those regions, and should be higher than they are.
I'm just gutted I swapped Park Ji Sung out the last minute
:(

I was debating picking him for my team... kinda wish I did now.

• Members

6th happy enough with that so far!

i can't believe ive just come in from the pub to check this,why is my typing so good? strange im soberer than i think

God bless corona!

anyway yeah alot of guys tied in second but it is indeed early days

come on Rooney!!

• Members
Yeah, really underrated at Man U.
I swapped him for Tim Cahill, so my Aussie better come good

Definitely.

It annoys me when the so called 'experts' only talk about him (and suggest he's only in the team) for his work rate...
like the Champions League matches against AC Milan where I kept hearing that Ji 'marked' Pirlo... :confused:
he played practically as a second striker, scored a goal and was heavily involved in all of United's attacking play.

he scores some important goals, gets a lot of assists and his general play and tactical awareness is right up there.

• Members
Definitely.

It annoys me when the so called 'experts' only talk about him (and suggest he's only in the team) for his work rate...

like the Champions League matches against AC Milan where I kept hearing that Ji 'marked' Pirlo...
:confused:
he played practically as a second striker, scored a goal and was heavily involved in all of United's attacking play.

he scores some important goals, gets a lot of assists and his general play and tactical awareness is right up there.

Yep, these so called 'experts' just can't get over the fact he's Korean and the default view is he must be just a grafter and has no other abilities. If he played for a top European or South American country, they'd rave and rant about how important he is to the team. Most Man U fans, I know, with half a brain, all appreciate what an influential player he is. Fergie loves him and he's no fool when it comes to spotting talent

• Members
Messi should have scored but no biggie because nearly everyone has him. Anybody pick Heinze? Whopping 11 points, if you did
:eek:

{censored} Messi went so close the goal at least a couple of times! but today the nigeria's goalkeeper has been super:eek:

• Members
Messi should have scored but no biggie because nearly everyone has him. Anybody pick Heinze? Whopping 11 points, if you did
:eek:

Di Maria got me 3 points, that's better than messi's 1 :)

Archived